Urch Forums

Please check and rate my TOEFL essay.

lightl

I wrote this essay within 30 minutes. Could you tell me what rate I will get? Is there any error? Thank you

Everybody in this world today need to go to school for learning. In class, you can see a teacher who is teaching many knowledge to his or her students. Each teacher has many techniques in teaching. Some students like their teacher talk alone, while others want discussing with their teacher. In my opinion, I prefer the second one because it make students understand lessons easier and have new ideas.

The first reason is that students can understand their subject easily. When they have some questions, they can ask their teachers immediately. After they discuss which points they confuse, they can understand and learn that subject better. From the ABAC poll who performed a survey of 150 students in Bangkok, it showed that students who can talk in their class can learn more than others who cannot talk. These students had good grades and adapt their lesson to use in their live as well. This is the reason why student talking in the class is better.

Another reason is that when students have a chance to talk and discuss, they can think many new idea. An idea can happen when that person think about something and discuss with others. For example, in mathematics, when a teacher teaches a formula which is taught from earlier generation to now. If students can talk about them in that class. That students who talk about them may find new formula that is easier and shorter. This is called a new idea. As you can see, this is why talking in the class is good.

From the reasons of understanding easily and having new ideas, I prefer teacher who give a chance for their students to talk. Learning by discussing is a good way that teacher should do in their class. It make our world better.

I wrote this essay within 30 minutes. Could you tell me what rate I will get? Is there any error? Thank you

Everybody in this world today need to go to school for learning. In class, you can see a teacher who is teaching many knowledge to his or her students. Each teacher has many techniques in teaching. Some students like their teacher talk alone, while others want discussing with their teacher. In my opinion, I prefer the second one because it make students understand lessons easier and have new ideas.

The first reason is that students can understand their subject easily. When they have some questions, they can ask their teachers immediately. After they discuss which points they confuse, they can understand and learn that subject better. From the ABAC poll who performed a survey of 150 students in Bangkok, it showed that students who can talk in their class can learn more than others who cannot talk. These students had good grades and adapt their lesson to use in their live as well. This is the reason why student talking in the class is better.

Another reason is that when students have a chance to talk and discuss, they can think many new idea. An idea can happen when that person think about something and discuss with others. For example, in mathematics, when a teacher teaches a formula which is taught from earlier generation to now. If students can talk about them in that class. That students who talk about them may find new formula that is easier and shorter. This is called a new idea. As you can see, this is why talking in the class is good.

From the reasons of understanding easily and having new ideas, I prefer teacher who give a chance for their students to talk. Learning by discussing is a good way that teacher should do in their class. It make our world better.

Cite the topic first and secondly make it readable. Increase font size.

Some students like classes where teachers lecture( do all of the talking) in class. Other students prefer classes where the students do some of the talking. Which type of class do you prefer? Give specific reasons and details to support your choice.

Some students like classes where teachers lecture( do all of the talking) in class. Other students prefer classes where the students do some of the talking. Which type of class do you prefer? Give specific reasons and details to support your choice.

Everybody in this world today need to go to school for learning[cliche]. In class, you can see a teacher who is teaching [teaches...use present perfect instead of present continous]many knowledge to his or her [cut this]students. Each teacher has many techniques in teaching. Some students like their teacher talk[ing] alone, while others want discussing [use noun]with their teacher. In my opinion, I prefer the second one because it make students understand lessons easier and have new ideas.

The first reason is that students can understand their subject easily. When they have some questions, they can ask their teachers immediately. After they discuss which points they confuse, they can understand and learn that subject better. From the ABAC poll who [that ABAC is an agency and is nonliving in nature]performed a survey of [on]150 students in Bangkok, it showed that students who can talk in their class can learn more than others who cannot talk. These students had good grades and adapt their lesson to use in their live as well. This is the reason why student talking in the class is better.

Score : 3.5

Comments:

1. Basic grammatical errors spotted.

2. Length is ok.

3. Ideas are ok in core but need improvement.

4. Polishing of expressions required.

5. Write more and practice the structural part of TOEFL for correct usage of the language. ( Do not mind)

Now I can see my problem, and I try to solve them.

So I have another essay that I checked for error in last 5 minutes.

Could you check and rate this essay?

Thank you.

PS. how can I polish my expression? I don't understand this error.Does it mean I should have personal examples?

What are some of the qualities of a good parent? Use specific details and examples to explain your answer.

Parent is a person who stays with children when they are born until they grow up and have their own family. There are many qualities of a nice parent that can make children be smart people. In my opinion, the qualities that a father or a mother should have is looking after the children and teaching them. The following essay will explain these reasons in greater detail to support my opinion.

The first reason for being a good parent is taking care of children. When humans are born, they cannot speak, do, eat, and walk by himself or herself. If the youngsters lack of the parents, they cannot live in this world because they will die before they can grow up. For example, there are many news that you can see everyday reports about children who died in garbage cans or in rivers. These children were still very young. Someone was only 1 months ago, but they died quickly since there were not parents to protect them. This is the reason why a parent should have this quality.

The second reason for being a good parent is teaching the children. After parents take care children, they should teach them also. In this 21st century, people compete in everything from the first time they went to school until they were dead because they want to make a lot of money for buying everything they like or make them comfortable. Although children go to school everyday, they still want their parent to learn things that their teachers inform them. For instance, in my childhood, Mathematics was the subject that I could not understand it. I got only bad grades, so my mother taught me every evening. She gave many lessons to me and taught me every details. After that, this subject became my favorite course. Now I can understand it easily and answer any problems about it well. So, teaching their children is a quality that a parent should have.

From the reason of bringing up and instruction of children, these are the qualities that every parent should do. Children can grow up and live in this world well if their parents have these qualities.