Urch Forums

Topic 131: Only people who earn a lot of money are successful. (Agree/Disagree)

Codename Gordon

It is a widespread opinion that money is the true criterion for success. The richer one is, the more he has done in his life to acquire his wealth and position. But is this really so?

Many people agree that gaining money is one of their goals in life because it can bring them material belongings of all kind, a good place to live - simply anything they have ever dreamt of. If one is wealthy, one does not have to worry about making both ends meet. Wealth makes people feel secure, happy and satisfied. It gives them popularity, a good position in society and, in most cases, recognition of their career struggles.

Nevertheless, there are people who feel quite successful although they are not that rich. Success can mean helping a friend in need, managing your job well, finding the person you want to spend the rest of you life with or raising a large family. You can earn just enough money to cover your basic needs but when your family, your friends or even the place you live in and the things you do in your everyday life make you happy, why should you strive for more money? You are already happy and satisfied and you, for yourself, feel successful.

In conclusion, not only people who earn a lot of money are successful. Success means different things to different people but it should not be directly associated with wealth. Other criteria could be a job well done, a happy family, many friends or simply happiness.

Personally, I think yours is excellent. However, I found few spelling errors and punctuation errors.

...Nevertheless, there are people who feel quite successful although they are not that rich. Success can mean helping a friend in need, managing your job well, finding the person you want to spend the rest of you life with or raising a large family.You can earn just enough money to cover your basic needs but when your family, your friends or even the place you live in and the things you do in your everyday life make you happy, (I think you'd better use a period here)why should you strive for more money?

Just my two cents. If you disagree with me, just state your point.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...