Urch Forums

Plz kindly review and rate my essay.

nattawat

Subject: What is some important qualities of a good spouse? Use specific details and examples to explain why these qualities are important?

While we are the children, we live with our parents. However, when we become the adult, we will live with the spouse for the rest of our life. The spouse is one of the person who is close to us for a long time. Therefore, most of us expect him/her to have the good quality. In my opinion a good spouse should be those who are chaste, economical and supportive.

The first quality that the good spouse should have is to be chaste. The licentious spouse will cause the problems about the divorse and the sexual disease, espectially AIDS. Most of people want the spouse only to have sex with them. I believe that people cannot stand with the spouse who have sexaul relationship with others. This means the spouse is dishonest with them. Apart from affecting the husband/wife’s mental health, the husband/wife may be able to infect with the sexual diseases, e.g, AIDS, from the licentious spouse. The licentious spouse have the sexual intercourse with many people so they have more opportunities to infect with the sexual dieseases than the chaste spouse.

The second characteristic for the good spouse should be economical. Nowaday, people cannot refuse the money is one of the important things for the life. If people do not have enough money, they are in difficult way to carry on their way. The spouse who spend money sensibly and does not want to waste it on unnecessary things can help strengthen the financial status of the family. On the other hand, the uneconomical spouse can lead the husband/wife to be in financial difficulty. Legally, the husband/wife are jointly liable for the spouse’s debt.

The last quality should be supportive. When the husband/wife are in difficult time and feel depressed, eg, because of failure in the work, illness, the spouse should be the person who drive him/her to survive. The spouse who remains silent or even in worst case, take advantage from the husband/wife’s difficulty can lower the the husband/wife’s morale. This action is not useful to the spouse too. This is because if the husband/wife cannot stand by themselves only the spouse will be responsible for everthing about the family.

In conclusion the good spouse should only have sex with the husband/wife, spend money wisely and support each other. I am lucky husband because my wife has the above three qualities.

Hi there =),

To me this is a very good essay, despite some grammar mistakes and typos.

The structure is very clear and easy to catch. All the ideas are reasonable and valid. Good examples and fact to strengthen the persuasion. Good introduction, which can opens the topic in a smooth way. Good conclusion, which can relates to your own experience to make the essay more personal.

Yet you still have some minus points that are noticeable. Sometimes the ideas are redundant (the AIDS thing) and phrasing is inflexible (especially the 2nd paragraph).

Overall it is still a good work! I would rate this essay a 5.0+/6.0.

Phuong