Urch Forums

Where should this visitor go on that day ?

ZümrüT

I would be appreciate if you could comment on my essay .. :)

ZümrüT

Topic :

A foreign visitor has only one day to spend in your country. Where

should this visitor go on that day? Why? Use specific reasons and details

to support your choice.

“One day” is certainly not enough time for breathing authentic air of Istanbul. Being the capital city of 600 years old Ottoman Empire, made Istanbul full of exquisite historical places, which you would never forget once you have seen.

But if you have just one day to visit this wonderful city, there are some alternatives for you to experience this beauty. Topkapı Palace will be a good beginning for you with its classical architecture, its treasury rooms and one of the best views of Istanbul. Very close to it, there stands the Galata Tower for hundreds of years with a splendid Goldenhorn view.

On the other hand, if visiting different religious places attracts you my advices would be Hagia Sofia and Blue Mosque. Both of which are among the best examples of Byzantium and Ottoman architectures with chapels, wall-pictures, minarets and wonderful gardens with tulips. Near them, there is a very important obelisk standing, which was brought from Egypt once upon a time. From a walking distance there is Yerebatan Cistern with statues of Medusa , where you can find yourself in history and hear the sound of ancient.

Istanbul would not be same without Bosphorus for sure. Eating fish in a boat anchored under the Bosphorus Bridge is a must for a “one-day –visitor”. Cause a dinner with that unique view, will mean a ticket for coming back again for a longer visit. Further more it would be cheap, healthy and enjoyable.

What I want to say is, Istanbul is the city, where contrast of modern and ancient buildings and liveliness of warm-blooded people together make you feel alive. Because of this “one- day- visit” will not be enough, but if you still insist on visiting just for one day these alternatives will be the best selections. Never forget that you are all welcome to visit Istanbul as long as you want :wizard: