Urch Forums

30 - Should a high school be built in your community

mzalutski

All comments are welcome! :)

TOPIC: It has recently been announced that a new high school may be built

in your community. Do you support or oppose this plan? Why? Use

specific reasons and details in your answer.

In case a new high school is going to be built in my community, I would be the strongest and most enthusiastic supporter of this event. As a matter of fact, I do not see any reason why someone should oppose this plan. In my opinion, the establishment of a new high school has many advantages such as development of education, better opportunities and more interesting social life.

First of all, with building of a new school the education level of my neighborhood will increase. What is more important in today's world than education? Everyone understands that learning is a key to a better life and a new school in my community will surely contribute to that. Moreover, the education is a powerful tool in fight with poverty, crime, unemployment and other social problems. Having a new school, the people of my community, especially younger generation, will be more secured.

Although there is already a high school in the place where I live, a new school will not be superfluous. On the contrary, it will bring a more choice and better opportunities to the people of my community. Indeed, the two high schools in my community will be rivals in a good sense. This is surely beneficial, because this leads to a better quality of education.

Finally, a high school is not always place where we learn things. It is also a lively center of social events, sports and other activities. The children will take part in those events, which are essential to their maturation. Not only the young will benefit, the adults too will enjoy it. They will be provided with interesting things to watch such as high school football championship or dramatic talents of their kids at the high school theater.

In conclusion, the building of a new high school will be a blessing for my community. A new high school will promote the education of my area, make the people of my community more fulfilled and provide them with more entertainment.