Urch Forums

32 - Do you spend money or save it

mzalutski

TOPIC. Some people think that governments should spend as much money as possible on developing or buying computer technology. Other people disagree and think that this money should be spent on more basic needs. Which one of these opinions do you agree with? Use

specific reasons and details to support your answer.

Managing one's money is not an easy task. Every person has his own point of view on this issue. Yet, we can divide people into two groups: those who prefer spend money and those who prefer to save it. Although both ways of dealing with money have their advantages and disadvantages I would choose saving money to spending it. The benefits of my way are efficiency in dealing with money, secured future and ability to achieve my goals.

Too often when people spend money as soon as they get it they buy something they do not need. This would make me feel bad therefore I do not tend to spend money immediately. On the contrary, saving money just for saving it is not a good idea either. Of course, there must be a good reason. I prefer to buy one big useful good instead of a bunch of useless unwanted things. In order to do it I need to save money.

Another reason in favor of saving money is that it can secure ones future. We all live in a very unstable ever-changing world. Unexpected things such as accidents and other setbacks are inevitable so it is a good idea to save some money for a rainy day. I believe every person should be ready to face those challenges. Of course, money cannot solve any problem but it can help us to overcome financial difficulties.

Finally, I consider money as mean to achieve my goals. Things like buying a house or a car, starting a new business, funding your education require quite a big amount of money. If you spend your income unwisely, if you do not save money you will unlikely succeed. I have always had big plans for my future so in order to be able to fulfill them I need to do two things: work hard and save money. That is what I do now -- preparing to study as graduate student abroad.

In short, saving money is the best choice for me because it is the most efficient way of buying things; it can secure my future and help me achieve my objectives.