Urch Forums

please rate my essay-What are some important qualities of a good supervisor (boss)?

savitabhayal

hello everybody....i am posting my essay here..please rate it!!

What are some important qualities of a good supervisor (boss)? Use specific details and examples to explain why these qualities are important.

A supervisor or boss is a person who knows well how to keep his subordinates happy and in harmony to get their best performance in order to get the job done .So, it is obvious that a supervisor must have the quality of good leader,matter-of-fact,intelligent, adroit,expert in his field , good personality and a good sense of humor.He must be like a friend of his workers instead of being dictator.I will explain my all points in rest of my essay.

A supervisor must be such a good leader who could bind his subordinates in a chain in order to get a good cooperative environment. Because cooperation of workers is the most important and required thing to run a firm smoothly.Plus, a good boss must be having a good sense of humor so that his subordinate could feel a happy , friendly and tension free environment to work in.For instance, if the boss will be rude and so strict, then workers won't be able to feel free to work and to discuss all their problems with the boss.And also they may disrespect their boss because of his dictatorship.To keep a good relationship with his subordinates and to get honor and respect he must be friendly and kind hearted.

Moreover, a supervisor must be expert in his field.This is also a important aspect because he has to guide other people who are working under him. He should be intelligent and expert enough,In order to make a indelible influence on his subordinates. In addition, he has to often make decisions and face several predicaments in the business.He should be adroit and clever enough to foresee the future to make wise decisions.And also, must know how to avoid or to deal with heavy odds.

One more quality of a supervisor is his impressive personality. It is said that personality is the first impression of a person. Sometimes the personality of a person makes other people feel compelled to follow him.Since, supervisor has to visit several people in the business in order to make deals.In this case, the boss who possesses a good personality may prove more successful.In his first meeting he may influence people enough to attract them to his firm or enterprise.And with the skill of his melodious language he will definitely succeed in persuading people.

In conclusion, i Would like to say that a good supervisor must be a medley of above mentioned qualities.The supervisor possessing these above mentioned skills is better able to achieve the optimum performance of his subordinates.It is necessary for a supervisor to take care of not only the inner atmosphere of the firm or group but also to keep an eye on the outside world.

What are some important qualities of a good supervisor (boss)? Use specific details and examples to explain why these qualities are important.

A supervisor or boss is a person who knows well how to keep his subordinates happy and in harmony to get their best performance in order to get the job done[can be re-phrased in a simple way as: "to get the best out of them" OR "to utilize them effectively" OR "to get the work done effectively"] .So[Omit], it is obvious that a supervisor must have the quality of good leader[it is necessary for a supervisor to have good leadership skills],matter-of-fact[Omit],intelligent, adroit,expert in his field , good personality and a good sense of humor.He must be like a friend of his workers instead of being dictator[He should maintain a cordial relation with his subordinates].I will explain my all points in rest of my essay[Not required - Please Omit].

A supervisor must be such[Omit] a good leader who could bind his subordinates in a chain in order to get a good cooperative environment[Re-Phrase as: " bind his subordinates together as a team" OR " A good supervisor should also be an effective team builder". Because cooperation of workers is the most important and required thing to run a firm smoothly[Re-Phrase as: cooperation and coordination among his team members to ensure smooth progress of work].Plus[Omit], a good boss must be having a good sense of humor so that his subordinate could feel a happy , friendly and tension free environment to work in[This entire sentence can be re-phrased in a simple way as: A good boss/supervisor should be able to create stress free cordial atmosphere for his team to perform and deliver].For instance, if the boss will be rude and so[Omit] strict, then workers[Avoid using the word "workers" , try:- Team,Subordinates,Juniors. I believe it would sound better] won't be able to feel free to work and to discuss all their problems with the boss[Can re-phrase this sentence in a simple way as: "his team members would hesistate to approach him"].And also they may disrespect their boss because of his dictatorship.To keep a good relationship with his subordinates and to get honor and respect he must be friendly and kind hearted[i suggest you to add another point in here, "I believe a boss/supervisor should earn respect of his subordinates by his actions and not demand it out of them"].

Moreover[Omit], a supervisor must be expert[use the word "Adept"] in his field.This is also a important aspect because he has to guide other people who are working under him[Re-Phrase as:"guide his team at work"]. He should be intelligent and expert[Redundancy] enough,In order[Omit] to make a[Omit] indelible influence on his subordinates. In addition, he has to often make decisions and face several predicaments in the business.He should be adroit and clever[its synonumous to Adroit] enough to foresee the future to make wise decisions[Try saying it as: "To forsee the consequences of his actions"].And also[Omit], must know how to avoid or to deal with heavy odds.

One more quality of a supervisor is his impressive personality. It is said that personality is the first impression of a person. Sometimes the personality of a person makes other people feel compelled to follow him[Also add: "People should feel confortable to approach him" OR "He should be approachable"].Since, supervisor has to visit several people in the business in order to make deals.In this case, the boss who possesses a good personality may prove more successful[can re-phrase as: "A boss with a pleasing personality, may have better success rate in closing a deal"].In his first meeting he may influence people enough to attract them to his firm or enterprise.And with the skill of his melodious language he will definitely succeed in persuading people.

In conclusion, i Would like to say[i believe] that a good supervisor must be a medley of above mentioned qualities.The supervisor possessing these above mentioned[Omit] skills is better able to achieve the optimum performance of his subordinates[Can be re-phrased as: "Is better equipped to optimally utilize his team and deliver quality performance].It is necessary for a supervisor to take care of not only the inner atmosphere of the firm or group but also to keep an eye on the outside world[it is always suggested not to introduce any new idea in concluding paragraph].

Please concentrate on punctuations. Try and make simple and short sentences. Don't make sentences too wordy and long.I think the rest is quite bang on target. Gud Luck;)

• 3 years later...

A boss is one who guides their subordinates in the proper direction, one who provides them a adequates knowledge and nutures creativity. The essay will outlines the some of the basis quality of good boss.

One of the imost important quality in the boss is to have a good communication and effective leadership skills. These skills are imperative for the good boss. famous proverb - First impression is the last impressation. First time a boss meet with their subordinate and interact with them only by these skills. their subordinate will judge their boss by these quality only.

Another thing is that a boss should have mutual trust and understanding. These qualities plays a important role between a boss and their subordinate. Suppose, one employee have a idea so that they can increase the productivity of any of the product. He will share this information only to his boss. This is just because of his boss relibleity and understanding nature.

further, a boss must have interest in employee development. He must have a ability to share credits. Boss must be successful in finding and retaining new talents. A boss is a link between the higher and the lower level. He plays a key role in developing their department and their employee. I must say that boss have a good presentation skills.

Last but not least, a company and their employee future will depends upon their good Boss.

Edited by wasleys
Removed excessive exclamation marks from title