Urch Forums

Rate my essay please, money != success

zymeth02

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Only people who earn a lot of money are successful. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Many people tend to think that only rich people are successful. I would disagree because I believe success is measured not only by wealth, but also by other factors such as happiness and goal fulfillment.

To be happy, of course people need some level of income so that they can support their family and acquire the basic necessities. However, you do not have to be very rich to live a happy life. For example, there are some famous celebrities who live a luxurious life, staying in a big house, buying expensive clothes, and driving classy cars. Many people envy their lifestyle and thinks they are successful. However, many celebrities like those are unhappy or even depressed to the point of committing suicide because of reasons like lack of privacy and too much work pressure. For me, that is not a definition of a successful life.

I also believe that successful people are those that who know what they want to do in life and are able to attain in sometime in the future. A good example is my English teacher in high school. When he was still a student, he realized his purpose in life is to help others by sharing his own knowledge. He indeed fulfilled his goal and up to now, he is still a great teacher. He said that with his qualifications, he could actually choose a different career path such as being a lawyer, which would let him earn a lot of money. But he did not because teaching is his goal in life. His words made me admire him and his decisions, respect him. That is what I call a successful person.

Many years has passed, from the 19th Century to the present, many people teens and adults still have the same line of thought – to be rich so as to be happy and successful. This kind of thinking has led many people into regret later in their life because it was too late for them to realize that success in life often has little to do with money, but more on happiness, and the way you live your life.

-----------------

Please rate my essay. Thanks.

I note that you have forgot to leave blank spaces at the beginning of each paragraph (identation). Concerning the quality of your essay, it's seem to me that your english is fair. However, as I am not an english speaker, my comment is not really relevant...

Score : 5.0 - 5.5

Comments:

1. Nice views.

2. Flair is there in your language.

3. When ever writing essay, try to write from a third person view even though question prompts you to write from first or second person view. This would bring professionalism in your writing.