Urch Forums

#126: There is nothing that young people can teach

meenuyadav

Hi,

Oh I forgot to write the topic number. The Topic number is : 126

Topic# 126

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? There is nothing that young people can teach older people. Use specific reasons and examples to support your position.

Meenu

Well, I think young peolple can teach older.

For example, I sometimes teach my mother to use computer or cell phone. And this is very common that children teach their parents how to use newest technologies.

Sometimes I tell my parents some interesting stories I have read or heard at school, on TV or on the Internet about famous people or places. Or ever I sometimes present some new phenomenon from youth life (popular singers, films, film stars, events, etc.) to them.

I know some older people whose children teach them Spanish, art history or something else they learn at school.

The end of my ideas.

HTH!

• 2 months later...

My essay #2.

YOUNG PEOPLE TEACHING OLDER PEOPLE

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?

There is nothing that young people can teach older people.

Older people are always considered to be more wise and experienced than young people. I agree with that if it concerns life, but if it is about work I think I should disagree with the statement that there is nothing that young people can teach older people.

I was a student of University in Ukraine. My major was “Finance”; we were studying financial markets, financial structures and finance in general. Sixty percent of my teachers were old people who taught us political economy on first semesters and finance and on the last. There were also young teachers, who just finished universities and taught us finance as well. I can say that I could feel the great difference between young and old teachers and their strategies. Lectures of young teachers were much more interesting, necessary, substantial. They also used life examples, because they worked in banks, financial organizations and taught us finance in the same time. Lectures of older teachers were boring, full of theory without specific examples and based on the political economy. That is why I think that there is still something that young people can teach older people.

Secondly, my mom was always the best teacher for me. But sometimes I can be a teacher for her. She always takes my point of view and sometimes agrees with them. Once I helped her to save relations with my father. The reason is that my parents are less independent and progressive as I am. I became more independent because of the time and generation in which I was born. Plus I can teach my parents such things as using computer and Internet. When my parents were younger they did not have such devices. Now they are scared of going to school, that is why sometimes I can teach them. And I completely sure that my children will teach me something one day.

In a conclusion I can say that older people teach us, but there are still some things which young people can teach older people. And there is nothing bad that it happens. The world is making progress very fast and sometimes not all of us can catch it. Someone always has to be taught and that could be older people too.

Thanks in advance:)

Xeniya.

Xeniya