Urch Forums

I need you feedback for this essay

resu

A gift (such as a camera, a soccer ball, or an animal) can contribute to a child’s development. What gift would you give to help a child develop? Why? Use reasons and specific examples to support your choice.

I would like to give a computer to a child for his development. I think a computer is the best thing among all others. With the use of it, a child can get lots of information. He can also study from home. By doing an internet surfing he can solve his problem by his own. So, it helps him to be an independent.

A developing child is always anxious about new things. He is eager to know lots of things happening surrounding him. By using a computer he expands his knowledge, and satisfies his hunger of curiosity. Now a day, we can type any of the words in the search engines like Google or Yahoo, and bunch of information we can see in front of us.

This is also a good thing to get an education from home. For example, if my child is working for full time, and he wants to get an education too. With the help of the computer he can do it at home. Neither he has to go out nor he has to sacrifice his career. He can get an education by sitting at home. So, this is the best for a child who is full time worker, and also wants to get some degrees.

Moreover, a child does not have to wait for his parents to come home, and help him in his study. He can do internet surfing, and solve his problems by his own. So, this is the best way to make him self-dependent. Also, as he solves his problems by his own, it increases his self esteem. He gets confidence in his-self, which can make him a successful person.

To conclude, I would say that a gift should be such that a person can use it for long time, and a computer does same. We can use it for so long time. So, this is the best gift I would like to give my child.

THANKS IN ADVANCE.:)

Hi Resu,

well, i am not an expert and just started preparing my Toefl (which i have to take in 10 days, by the way...), but i will give you my humble opinion:

I think that you go too straight to the reasons why you would choose the computer. I would start with an introductory paragraph and end with a conclusion. The way you did it is not wrong, but it seems that you are repeating the same ideas several times.. With an introduction, a conclusion and a bit of organization in the ideas you present, i think it might be much better...

Apart from that, you have some ortographic mistakes, but i am sure it is because of the fast typewriting..

I hope it is useful for you.

Good luck!