Urch Forums

Watching television is bad for children?

lexis

Please leave your comments about my essay. I wrote it in nearly 30 minutes.

Thanks!

------------

Topic 150:

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Watching television is bad for children. Use specific details and examples to support your answer.

Since broadcast was invented, it had dramatically become one of most effective amusement. However, the vast development of broadcast does not always bring the advantage for almost audiences; of those children is not small proportion. The raised question is whether watching television is bad or good for children. I believe that noneffective watching television is likely to harm children.

Firstly, children almost always have eye issues by abusing watching television. Let's imagine a child spends many hours a day on watching on television, where some attractive shows are more frequently available, with poor light condition. Then one day the child asks his mother for doctor care because he dimly sees everything. His myopia is caused by incorrectly way of watching on TV.

Secondly, broadcast can damage the relationship of one child with his friend by showing various attractive shows. The harm will be revealed when there are some child's favorite programs on TV while his friends call him to jog. What should he do? He is put into dilemma. Finally, he chooses to follow the broadcasting program according his hobby. Next time, he still does so, and then the consequence is his friends keep away from him.

Whatsoever? Sometime, children want to see on television rather than doing home works assigned by teachers. The probable story calls the question into the effectiveness of watching television and alarm the unexpected result on children. For instance, if top hit cartoon movie is being showed on TV while one child's home tasks required by his teacher should start immediately to meet the deadline. If the child chooses to watch the movie, he may be punished.

Furthermore, unprofitable effect happened when children watch mature programs will damage children's embryonic characteristics. Because children often imitate adult's actions frequently seen by them.

By all showed above, I strongly support watching TV show is likely to damage children. If I have children, I will lead them to do something rather than teaching them how to use television.