Urch Forums

Could anyone rate my essay aboout should students be required to attend classes?

LirveL

Some people believe that university students should be required to attend classes. Others believe that going to classes should be optional for students. Which point of view do you agree with? Use specific reasons and details to explain your answer.

The Latin word for “University” means “a community of scholars and students.” The history of this “community” can trace back to Ancient Greece, when Plato opened his Academia in an olive garden in Athens. From then on, universities have been playing an increasingly important role in the modern society. Nowadays, attending in university to undertake education has been a quite common process of every social human being, the problem of should the university students be require to attend classes has been posted among people. Contrary to the opinion of many people is my heartfelt agreement that university students should be compelled to attend classes.

First and foremost, I can’t deny that when going to classed be optional, some students may control their time more efficiently, and it will train one’s self-study capability. Of course, also professors can distinctively instruct students according to their different level. Nonetheless, majority of university student are younglings. The modern society is full of seduction, which let them spend lots of time and money on various entertainments, such as attending parties, drinking in bars, going to discos, chit chatting or moving around. Thus, if students do not have right path, they will waste all their precious time and money, by the time they have realized mistakes, it will be all over without landing in good and respectable job.

Moreover, with the rapid advancement and specialization of the modern society, more and more professions, for instance, law and medicine, require highly-specialized knowledge and skills, which need systemic education. Universities setup the classes, which aim to these professions or jobs. The students, which want to enroll in these professions or jobs, need to undergo those classes in order to get the professional certificates. Take doctor as an example, in China, if a teenager wants to become a doctor, whom is respected here as it is in America, he or she must undergo the classes of intense studying and training which last five years at a medical department in a university to sure he or she has completely studied the major.

Last but not least, personal story in my life prove that maybe the process of taking large volume of arid classes is laborious, yet several years later, the experience of you attending class with roommates will be your rare memory in your mind. I graduated from school so many years and I also remember the scene of first day I attending the perform performance class in university, is so funny and lovely.

To sum up, from what we have discussed above, namely attending classes is the best way to invest their time and money, university classes will provide them systemic education for specialized professions and jobs, and the experience of going to class will be their precious memory, so we can safely arrive at the conclusion that university students should be compelled to the class.

-----------------------

Thanks very much

God bless you get high score.:D

man u wrote too muuch... no doubt its ur talent... but it might irritate the rater. and they want point answer. no need of back ground of university. so summarize it...write imp points only...like should atennd uni... benefits are knowledge, practical expereice, interaction etc. ... ok????