Urch Forums

Can i get into UCLA??? UCSD??

wru418

Hello,

I'm currently at ucmerced right now (sophomore standing) and i have a gpa of 3.75 and i took a year of chinese at UCLA over the summer and got an A- in it (would that help me get in?). I'm planning on majoring in international development studies-economics at UCLA, but the major is impacted >_

• 4 weeks later...

Your GPA seems ok, tough I don't know what it means on "UC Merced scale." GPA is not the only factor in admissions. For example, the statement that you write or the letters of recommendation could help a lot. I have some friends who said that they got into UCB with a relatively lousy GPA but a solid statement letter, while the reverse was true for some friends who got into UCLA. I just wanted to point out that UC Berkeley also offers a whole lot of majors in international and area studies:

Overview | IAS

As you can see, there are several possible majors there, and most of them are very interdisciplinary. For example, Prof. DeLong posted this tentative list of concentrations in the PEIS major:

Grasping Reality with Both Hands: The Semi-Daily Journal Economist Brad DeLong

• 5 months later...