Urch Forums

UC San Diego requirements-am i ok?:Help pls:)!

indizen

We've had students with lower scores get into UCSD. But if you're applying as an international student, it might be a bit harder. And where are you going to high school? In California? Or in India?

And remember--the SAT Subject tests are just as important as the SAT.

• 3 weeks later...
oops!sorry ...i was messing around with the edit post option and *poof*...the post was gone......and i have one more question! can you give me a bit more info on int. applicants admissions to UC's?
What kind of info are you looking for? TOEFL? SAT? ;)

SAT,subject SAT(s)...and the other stuff they look at....like extracurriculars....Just need to know how to make my application stand out!:) And what is the possibility for getting financial aid?(need/non need)
Well, I think I remember, but please refresh my memory--are you a resident of California or will you be applying as an international student?

oh!sure...i'll be applying as an international student! Currently doing my last year of high school in India
Well, if you have a competitive application, you'll have a chance of getting into UCSD. I know that's pretty vague, so let me give you an idea of the profile of our students who've been offered admission to UCSD:

• GPA: 3.5+
  • SAT: 1700+
  • Extracurriculars: Very good.
  • Personal statements: Compelling.

Of course you could have better and not be offered admission, or worse stats and not get in. ;)

Have a SAT score of 2060,GPA close to 4,quite a long list of extracurriculars,a sport....and quite a few awards at the national and state levels...(quizzes,science olympiads etc.)....so apart from this the rest is luck i guess:) ....and is financial aid a possibility??

Have a SAT score of 2060,GPA close to 4,quite a long list of extracurriculars,a sport....and quite a few awards at the national and state levels...(quizzes,science olympiads etc.)....so apart from this the rest is luck i guess ....and is financial aid a possibility??
Sounds pretty promising, but as for the financial aid--there's very little available in the US for international students. I know of some people who've gotten it, but it'll take a bit of searching on your part.

Any financial aid usually depends on your parent's income or what not. As for international students, I think it's much harder for them to have a financial aid package since UCSD is a public school and gives a bit of their money preference to CA residents. Your best bet would be applying for different scholarships and depending on that. :)