Sponsored Ad:

Thread: ACT without writing accepted by univ.?

Trying to make mom and pop proud

Good post? Yes | No

ACT without writing accepted by univ.?

Sponsored Ad:
    Hi!
    This is my problem: Originally I wanted to do the SAT (on Oct. 8). Just because i thought it was the standard test, taken by every prospective student. But then i found out that my senior class trip to toscana (italy) (i'm from hamburg, ger) begins on this date. So I decide to do the ACT instead. But in 2005-2006 the act writing section is not available outside the US. Since many univ. require the writing sect, i don't know if they tolerate my situation or if they just say: "You could have taken SAT." I don't want to skip the trip.

Please help . thx

Good post? Yes | No
    Please contact the universities that you are interested in, and explain your perdicament (the ACT orginazation's website does not have any remorse if you are from a foreign country - they don't even mention what to do if you are from an international country. If they say you need the writing test no matter your circumstances, you can still take the SAT in November and December - abeit to late for Early Decision, though, but still it is better than nothing.

Sorry, I can't help greatly, but since ACT has very little presence outside the U.S. unlike the College Board it is very hard to find out what their procedure is like. Hopefully, you can still take the ACT without the writing section and be able to come over to the United States for your college education.

As I said before, try to contact colleges that you're interested in and see what they would do if they were in your shoes.
    Having trouble with the SAT? Try the ACT

Accepted: American U., Northeastern U., Boston U., RPI, McGill (going to attend), and Penn State - University Park

Good post? Yes | No
    babypurin is right..just contact with the universities.perhaps,there are universities which don't care writing section.or join SAT

Good post? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by eXaMsTaR
    babypurin is right..just contact with the universities.perhaps,there are universities which don't care writing section.or join SAT
    If you go to actstudent.org, there is a search page where you can look up whether or not the college wants the writing section or not. If they require the writing section, ask if you can exempt from it by taking the TOEFL (that is if you take it in the first place!).
    Having trouble with the SAT? Try the ACT

Accepted: American U., Northeastern U., Boston U., RPI, McGill (going to attend), and Penn State - University Park

Thread Information