Urch Forums

Business Administration Graduate - Looking for MA economics Canada

danoo

I did my bachelors in business administration in the year 2011. Since then I have been working in a bank. I am really inclined to pursue MA economics degree from Canada. I just need to get feedback from you about my chances of getting admission into Canadian economics programs. I have only taken two course of Economics. However, I have strong background in Finance. I am also CFA level III candidate. But I am apprehensive about my application to MA Economics programs because of my weak experience with Economics at undergraduate. I have taken following course at undergrad.

1- principle of microeconomics

2- principle of macroeconomics

3- Intro to stats

4- statistical inference

5- business mathematics

6- investment banking

7- security analysis

8- introduction to business finance

9- financial management

10- Calculus I

I have also covered econometrics basics at cfa level I and II.

My GRE score is Q159 V152 AWA4

You are kindly requested to advise on whether I should apply for MA economics program or not. I am also looking for funding in order to pursue my MA in Canada. Also let me know about my chances of getting funding. Looking forward for your swift reply.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
You will not get accepted into any programs, at least not half decent ones. You lack a lot of the requirements unless you didnt list them, most good schools look for a strong math background. Most schools minimum requirements are 1-2 terms econometrics, one term linear algebra (used in graduate econometrics courses) and calculus. A prof told me it is wise to have 2 terms of calc + lin alg. And advanced courses in macro/micro, usually only taken by hons students so i dont think you would have taken them in a business degree. As most good programs ask for a Hons in econ, they like students with a strong background in economics.

• 2 months later...