Urch Forums

Bad undergrad GPA and excellent masters GPA

mehmoh

Hi, I am an international student (Iran) and I want to apply for masters or Ph.D. degree in economics in Canada. But I am in a complicated situation.

my bachelor degree is in Mathematics with a low GPA (2.50/4). I changed my field for masters and studied economics with a great GPA (4/4). I prefer to study masters of economics again in Canada (don't ask me why. I am living in Iran:)) ). But honestly, I don't know it is the right decision or not. My bachelor GPA is lower than all the university requirement. if I apply for masters degree again would they consider my masters GPA or Bachelor GPA? Am I eligible to be admitted to one of the universities?

Furthermore, If I want to study Ph.D., how much my undergraduate GPA is important?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
No reply? I am still waiting for your sugesstion.

I have a good math background. I have a GRE exam next month and the chance of achieving 170 in quant is a lot

Hey Compatriot, I'm from Iran also. I'm MBA graduated and have a bad GPA in my undergraduate studies like you. we share a similar problem. this is my number: 09384843038. please contact me.