Urch Forums

Yes, we want to hear from YOU!

Erin

Hello everybody! It's that time of year again, when we start hearing the good news (and sometimes, the bad).

Please, I would like to encourage everybody to PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE let us know how everything turned out for you. Every year literally thousands of different people from all over the world visit the TestMagic forum and hundreds take the time to join, participate, ask and answer, and even make friends.

Believe it or not, a lot of us here really do take a personal interest in the members here and do want to find out what happened and where somebody ended up going to school. Following posts in a forum can be a lot like watching a reality TV show, but frankly, I believe that this forum is better than the best reality TV show in that the members here are real and not selected by a committee for their looks or mass appeal, and the stories here are all true. If I may continue the analogy, imagine following a reality show, but never seeing the last episode! It's like that sometimes, believe it or not.

Furthermore, please know that sharing your experiences (as others have in the past) can greatly ease the anxiety that many people feel during this stressful period of their lives. These forums serve not just the function of providing valuable information for college-hopefuls, but also as something of a support group for people who often feel confused or even alone. You wouldn't believe what a morale boost you could provide to somebody else, no matter your result. I know many people here are getting into such top schools as Yale and Columbia, but for many people, even succeeding in getting the F-1 visa to study at a community college is a huge victory. :D And I'm sure I'm not the only one who will be just as happy to hear that somebody got into City College as I would be to hear that somebody got into Harvard.

So please, if you can take the time, we would all love to hear the ending of your story. Share your victories, your failures, your thoughts, or whatever you feel comfortable sharing. And no matter what, we wish you all the best as you finish this stage of your life and move on to the next. :)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Just want to update this post. I have to be honest here--I am so happy that people are posting their results here (it seems like a veritable flood!), but I am happier to hear all the great news. Wow, what an important part of you life many of you are facing. From this day on, your life will take a huge turn, and you'll never be the same again. :grad:

You guys are amazing, really. And I really hope you guys will stay in touch and not abandon this community so quickly. I'll try to figure out a good way to do something to keep you around for a while. For now, I'm going to give this forum more notice on my main site, so keep an eye out for new members, and of course, be nice to them.

And I should extend a special thanks to gforce, who PM'd me to remind me it was time for me to pop in ask everybody to post their stats. Thanks, gforce. The squeeky wheel got the grease. :D

So again, I'm so happy to see all these great results all around. We are truly fortunate to be among the world's future movers-and-shakers. :D

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi there!

Well!

I got an admission in New York University for Ph.D. in Environmental Engineering specifically on Air Pollution. I appeared for my Visa Interview on 1st June 2005. But the Visa Officer even after giving all the answers correctly and satisfactorily she said me to wait for 10-15 business days when she will call me again and will take another interview. I gave two interviews. As per the US Embassey Site I came to know that my application is to go to Department of State for review. Is any body having deeper insight or any experience in this matter? Please let me know if any action to be taken from my side. will I have to appear an interview again? Please guide me.

with regards

shinit

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
you know what,erin you are making things possible for all over the world,getting contacts,shaping our lives and so on and so forth.all this would not happen without test magic.

three cheers for TM.hip hup hurray!

U said it man....great work erin...thanx a lot!!:tup:

congo dmitts..........STANFORD.whew...............how'd u manage??!!!!:tup:

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I am from India and am going for CS PhD this coming Fall. However I was wondering if I could get a transfer from the university I am admitted to, to some other university in US because of some personal reasons. Can it indeed be possible? What are the factors that are considered in case such a transfer is considered at all? How long, as a mimimum, does it require for someone to get a transfer after getting the admission?

Thanks.

• 5 months later...
Thanks a lot Erin! Testmagic helped me a lot, and people here are great! I will come back regularly to see if i can be any help.

First,my congratulations on your success:tup: I wanted to ask you for what degree,in what discipline and in which university are you going?I am planning to apply in Ann Arbor for Master in economics and I am deeply interested how a candidate accepted in Ann Arbor looks like:) so please,share your experience with me

thanks in advance

Nevena

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey Erin,

It took me some time to get used to the format and the general rules and regulations.. But testmagic has turned out to be a boon in disguise. Thanks to this Forum, I now have a completely different outlook towards my subject and it has helped me a lot. I would definitely be a long while around here, to help others and be helped from my seniors on this forum. Right from Exams, to choice of electives, to nervousness to future plans: The solutions are all here.. Cheers :) :) And I have made loads of new friends tooo. Cant thank you enough for what you are doing to help all of us! Best luck. !!! :) :)

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I need some opinions on my story.

So, I was admitted to one of the top grad schools Europe. I only applied for for this one. I was already going to a top 5 school (usually rank #1 or #2 in the field) in the US. I just got one credit for a class (got an A).

For undergrad, I was admitted to one school I applied to, which was one of the better US state schools (maybe just above average overall), with bunch of my friends and their friends and we all connected.

For high school, I was admitted to one, lottery-only public school, one of the better ones in the city, which was the only school I applied to. This one was probably the riskiest. For middle school, I came into the US with pretty much no English.

Basically, I apply to one place that I thought was the best choice at the time. Obviously, I changed my mind about the top 5 grad school so I applied elsewhere, which I now think is my best choice. It's not because it was such a competitive environment to stress me out, but I just dislike living in this city, though I think I prefer to just generalize and say living in the US.

Personally, I don't understand why I do this or perhaps do this to myself. I only heard one person's opinions for each of the process and would constantly repeat that going all-in in one place is a bad idea. I'm pretty sure I see the logic behind on why, but I don't understand why I don't carry out the logic into actions. Does anybody else do this? Is there some name for this syndrome? Can you conjure a hypothesis on why one would do such things?

• 2 years later...
  • Erin unpinned this topic