Urch Forums

Admit from UFL

centurion819

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far, I have received one formal email from UFL CISE. I have to respond back by mail till 23rd about my decision on joining. Also that email says that they have send an offer letter by snail mail - which i have not received yet.

Has anyone else got a similar mail?

There is no mention of I20 in my email. The mail that you talk about in your post, was this the first offical communication from UFL to you? Also have you already accepted the offer?

Also what program are you guys in MS or PhD?

hii

I applied for M.S program. The e-mail that I mentioned was the first communication from them ever since I apped way back in October.

The e-mail does not say anything about acceptance or offer letter. It justs asks for verification of mailing address?

Also from where have u ppl recieved E-mails from? I got my e-mail from UF International Centre(@ufic.ufl.edu).

Btw Meraj, what does ur I-20 say about financial aid ? Did u recieve it by snail mail or by DHL?

How is the funding scence for M.S applicants at UFL?

byee

For the most part - No aid for masters students in CISE or ECE. There are exceptions of course.

If you signed up for Ph.D., CISE will only grant a Masters after passing Quals.

I would say most of CISE students have funding after first sem, There are exception of course.

yeah scene is little dicey for ECE, still more than 60% students from 2003 batch got funding after first or second sem.

-Pankaj

Hi centurion819,

I also received an admit from UFL 2 weeks ago and a person from UFIC contacetd me about my I-20. In the meantime, I received the official letter by snail-mail. But, it doesn't mention anything about deadline for informaing them of my decision.

Hi awhig

Actually the Immunization form is with the I-20. I didn't go in details through the documents. Actually I am waiting for my top schools. What I need is the deadline of accepting/ rejecting the offer from UFL.

-Meraj

Well, they haven't mentioned the deadline.Only date of registration and expected date of arrival are mentioned.Was wondering about my final consent to them. Did you get the Interest Sheet????

Hi centurion819,

I also received an admit from UFL 2 weeks ago and a person from UFIC contacetd me about my I-20. In the meantime, I received the official letter by snail-mail. But, it doesn't mention anything about deadline for informaing them of my decision.

What shall I assume then??

Would they be mailing or calling us for confirmation????