Urch Forums

UCB MIT UIUC CMU... Final Admission Summary

DestinationUSA

Hello to every1.

I just finished recieving news from all the univs I had applied to for FALL-05.

I am BTech Civil final yr student from IIT, India. I had applied in varied fields to 11 univs for MS/PhD. Here is a summary : -

Admits:

1. UC Berkeley - Intelligent Transportation Systems-full aid-My Final Choice

2. MIT - Transportation Planning - admit

3. UIUC - Information Technology - full aid

4. CMU - Computer Aided Engg - full aid

5. GTech - Transportation - admit

6. Cornell - Transportation MEng - admit

7. Texas Austin - Transportation - full aid

8. NCSU - Computer Aided Engg - full aid

9. USC - Computer Aided Engg - admit

Rejects:

1. Purdue

2. John Hopkins

I chose UCB because its #1 in my field. i prefer California. Further my Guide there - Dr Daganzo is the top man of his field- some1 whom I have always admired and wanted to be associated with.

Purdue, John Hopkins - say that my area of interest doesnt seem to match with any proffs there - so thats a very important factor in admission process.

Anyone else going to UCB this FAll plzz contact me.

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi DestinationUSA,

first of all congratulations for the awesome admissions.

"2. MIT - Transportation Planning ", I guess it is at ESD (Engineering System Division) department.

I have few questions :

- How did you receive your admission ? Email or snail mail ?and when ?

- Is it for a Phd or a Master (MLOG) ?

Thanks.

Keep in touch...

Congrats DestinationUSA,

your admits are simply wonderful.. But i guess you posted your profile under some different username earlier...:) If i'm right then, these admits were yours way back...

Anyways UCB rocks..bbye

Congrats DestinationUSA,

your admits are simply wonderful.. But i guess you posted your profile under some different username earlier...:) If i'm right then, these admits were yours way back...

Anyways UCB rocks..bbye

1. forgot the id & password so created a new 1.

2. Yes I had earlier asked ppl to help in my decision for college. Had not made up my mind earlier. This is a Final Admission Summary - the reject from JHU was the last mail I recieved just 3 days back - so i decided to share the final status with all dear friends here.

[quote name=TokaBoy"2. MIT - Transportation Planning ", I guess it is at ESD (Engineering System Division) department.

I have few questions :

- How did you receive your admission ? Email or snail mail ?and when ?

- Is it for a Phd or a Master (MLOG) ?

[/quote]

MST - Masters of Science in Transportation

MS not PhD - also no aid.

email

BBye

Wowwwwww, can you post your profile? It must be like a professor's profile. :eek: Also, I am longing for seeing your applying experience.

Btw, which department at UCB do you aim at? I hope that it is not the Department of Mechanical Engineering (so that I will have a little chance in Fall 2006 :) )

:) Thank You very much everyone. You people are so kind.

Wowwwwww, can you post your profile? It must be like a professor's profile. :eek: Also, I am longing for seeing your applying experience.)

No Sir, it aint a proff's profile. Was quite lucky I think .

I was the topper in my department (civil) - Had 4 decent projects under my belt. Two related summer trainings. Had a single author Emerging Technologies Publication and a co-authored pub. under review at a good journal. OK GRE (800Q 670V) and most important great Recos from the proffs who really like me at iit.

Btw, which department at UCB do you aim at? I hope that it is not the Department of Mechanical Engineering (so that I will have a little chance in Fall 2006 :) .)

:) I had applied for Intelligent Transportation Systems which is under Transporatation division of Department of Civil and Env. Engg.

Thank You

• 1 month later...

No Sir, it aint a proff's profile. Was quite lucky I think .

I was the topper in my department (civil) - Had 4 decent projects under my belt. Two related summer trainings. Had a single author Emerging Technologies Publication and a co-authored pub. under review at a good journal. OK GRE (800Q 670V) and most important great Recos from the proffs who really like me at iit.

Congratulations for your admits. They are really amazing. Are you a native English speaker ? In no, then what was your TOEFL score ? What school did you graduate ? What is your working experience ?

Thanks,

Michael.