Urch Forums

Transferring @ MIT

Wendyz123

Hi everyone! THis is my first post on a forum, because I really have nobody I can ask! I'm the first person in my family to be accepted to a big name university (I got MIT! yay!) for my Masters in EECS. I'm really keen on doing my PhD at MIT as well, but I'm not sure how transferring will work (after I finish!). I'm sure doing a masters degree will help right? Also, I'm in the unfortunate position of not being able to really 'ace' a GRE subject test (since my first degree was in Statistics). Will this ruin my chances (because all departments say the GRE sub. test is recommended!) :( Please advise....! Especially if anyone has attended a prestigous school like MIT... Gratefully- Lady W

Hi you guys,

Sorry for the confusion.. I haven't really been accepted to the EECS MS @ MIT. I'm a little paranoid about revealing my identity, so I made that bit up. But I really will be attending MIT to do my SM degree... So for this lie I aplogise.

I was really just looking for some advice on how one goes about getting into a PhD program after you finish up...

Any input at all would be great, sorry again fellow TM-ians for the fib....

Wendy

I don't know who u are. But remember, u won't get anything by telling lies from here & don't think we'll jump to help u if u got to MIT cos gettin to MIT is not everything.......MIT has one of the most highest no of college dropout rates in the US.

Sometimes it's good to be a big fish in a small pond than to be a small fish in an ocean. Set ur priorities, have a practical assement of ur strengths & weaknesses & be realistic. It's gonna help u in the long run.