Urch Forums

Infractions are publicly viewable

Erin

Just a quick note--I've flipped the switch to make infractions publicly viewable. In a word, this means that violations of forum guidelines show up in posts.

You might see something like this:

http://www.www.urch.com/forums/tm_images/buttons/redcard.gif (an infraction)

or

http://www.www.urch.com/forums/tm_images/buttons/yellowcard.gif (advice or warning)

in a post.

If you see one of those, it means that a forum moderator has seen the post and has given an infraction or warning to the poster.

If anyone's curious, the most common infractions are for textese, posting contact information, and copyright violations.

The reason I've made this change is simple--I'm hoping that if people see the infractions or warnings, they'll see in the post what we don't like or don't allow in the forums.

And down the road, I hope overall this helps maintain the quality of posts in the forum.

Good question. I assume that they stop showing when the infraction expires. Some infractions, such as those for copyright violations, never expire. Others last three months.

Edit: I just checked. They never go away, even after the infraction expires. This is actually a good thing--it shows other posters that the thread has something in it that we don't like.

hey Erin!

sorry for being off point, but what happened to ur lovely avatar, although ur new avatar is nice with that little Asian baby :), i'd like to say that i will really miss ur previous avatar:(.

again sorry for being off point, i didn't know where to express my feelings (my feelings of sadness:(), and thank u for informations posted in this thread, they are useful to us.

thank u Erin and enjoy ur new avatar

by the way, are these ur photos in ur profile????

forgive me for my curiosity :D

Does that infraction also show on the poster? For example if I made an infraction, everytime I make a post is there an infraction icon on my post? While I don't plan to make any copyright infractions or any other infractions, I do want to know what the rules and how they are carried out.

• 3 weeks later...
hey erin, is testmagic forum closing down? when i enter the URL in my address bar it says "it's gonna find it's way back to test magic" what does that mean?
Can you show me the URL that gives you that message?

But no, the forums are still going stronger than ever.