Urch Forums

10,000 is coming... Who's it going to be??

Erin

Our 10,000th member should be joining up in a day or two. This is a pretty important milestone for TestMagic.

This forum is coming along very well, and I'm very happy with the participation of our members and how things are going. More, I'm happy with the success of our active participants.

For those of you who are regulars, I hope you'll keep an eye out with me for our 10,000th member. :tup: [clap]

Wonder who it's going to be...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I also missed the member. :(

It seems the forum software assigns a member ID when you register, but doesn't count you in the number of members till you confirm. Therefore, the member with the member ID of 10000 registered about a week ago.

Anyway, 10K, and growing! :D

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks, everybody. I really appreciate it. :)

Have you noticed we're already up to over 11,000 members already???? That in just a matter of weeks!

To be honest, I have to wonder what it is that's drawing people? This is a pretty good spike in members!

Yeah, you can check by looking at the userid:

Draconator

Problem is, the forum assigns a userid when you sign up, but since many people sign up, but don't validate their memberships, the number of people registered is higher than the number of people confirmed.

Anyway, Draconator's profile shows s/he's made only one post. He'll never realize how important he is. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
15,000th member, according to the stats on the main forum page.

15,000th member, according to the database.

Both show 0 posts; I guess these people are signing up just so that they can download stuff.

Erin, though quite baffling (as to why they join), aren't Downloads allowed even if you are just a Guest here. I mean, is it necessary to sign in before one can download stuff from TM? :idea:

Though me am 70-80% sure that we can make downloads even if not signed in (:D ). Me thought of actually trying it... but now I am not able to even Log out!!! :p I guess bounded for life!!

"'Relax,' said the night man,

We are programmed to receive.

You can checkout any time you like,

but you can never leave!" :tup: [dance]

Program says, when i log out, All cookies cleared... take back to page viewing previously... or forums index...

When I choose either one, i see the same ol Welcome msgg. greeting me:

Welcome, thebullfighter.

You last visited: Today at 01:46 AM

Private Messages: 29 Unread, Total 107.

Welcome to TestMagic

Such a lovely place

Such a lovely face

Plenty of Forums/Members/Sharing @TestMagic

Any time of year, you can find it here.

:love:

• 3 weeks later...

Well, if you look at Vaya's userid, she's number 600-something. Back in the day, there weren't that many of us. There are a couple of other people I'm hoping will pop in to say hi, too.

Anyway, the forum has really been snowballing lately. In the nine months since switching over to the current forum software, we have doubled the number of members and posts of the previous two and a half years.

• 1 month later...
BTW, we are approaching the 20k limit :) Watch out!

And it's always good to come back home :)

Agreed on both points.

Renata, you've been around a while; I guess you and I are the only ones from way back when. And you've come a long way, too. It's nice to see you doing so well.

Anyway, back on topic--20,000 should be coming any day now. :whistle:

Renata, you've been around a while; I guess you and I are the only ones from way back when. And you've come a long way, too. It's nice to see you doing so well.

Yeah, acctually one of the reasons I came back is that I got an e-mail from Minud saying "Hi, how are you"... And I just remebered this really nice place and the personal attention I got from all the wonderful people and the V.I.P. Erin :)

I would gladly stick around but time is the scarcest resource I have. But I guess during my first semester here I learned some time management skills.

Anyways, I am not sure how long I will stay, but for sure I know where to go for my GRE and GMAT tests :D

So as one strong guy said, I'll be back :)

Renata

P.S. I hope the 20,000th TMagician will stick around.

Yeah, acctually one of the reasons I came back is that I got an e-mail from Minud saying "Hi, how are you"... And I just remebered this really nice place and the personal attention I got from all the wonderful people and the V.I.P. Erin :)

I would gladly stick around but time is the scarcest resource I have. But I guess during my first semester here I learned some time management skills.

Anyways, I am not sure how long I will stay, but for sure I know where to go for my GRE and GMAT tests :D

So as one strong guy said, I'll be back :)

Renata

P.S. I hope the 20,000th TMagician will stick around.

Labas Renata

Its so nice to see u active again :D . Well we all at TM wish that u will stick ard.. TM esp TOEFL forum wasn't same without our essay guru :tup: