Urch Forums

Getting rid of fonts and colors?

Erin

Every day, we get posts that look are formatted like this:

Type of Undergrad: B.E (hons.) Mechanical Engineering Economics from top university in North Korea (BOTS Sayo)

Undergrad GPA: 9.5/10

the back end of which displays:

[color=#500050][font=Arial][u]PROFILE[/u][/font][/color][color=#500050][font=Arial][color=#000000][color=#333333][font=&amp][b]Type of Undergrad: [/b]B.E (hons.) Mechanical Engineering Economics from top university in North Korea (BOTS Sayo) 
[b]Undergrad GPA: [/b]9.5/10

For quite a long time, I've wanted to get rid of the option of changing the font and color. These options were fun and cool in the 90s and 2000s (maybe), but today, I tend to think they are just distracting. Furthermore, when moderating from the back end, it can make it hard to scan for spam, bots, etc. because we see this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7232[/ATTACH]

Making this change would remove ALL the existing formatting from ALL posts ever made. (I would have to run a SQL query to remove FONT and COLOR tags from all posts.)

So I wanted to see whether people really care about this so much that they'd object to my suggestion. Let me know what you think!