PDA

View Full Version : GRE Score of 1240

seer
09-19-2008, 06:48 PM
Hi Everyone,
I gave my GRE yesterday and hardly achieved a score of 1240 (800 Quantitative Section and 440 in Verbal section).

I know the score is really low, and I think re-taking the exam will be good option, but I need at least 3-4 months to improve my Verbal score.

Are there any vague chances of some Universities accepting my application as I would definitely love to do my M.S. in Wireless Communications?

My GPA is 8.7/10 and I have done presented my paper in an International conference, trying to publish it in a good Journal.

I have done my internship at Qualcomm and hopefully i maybe nominated for a international prestigious award.

I really am in dilemma, I would be really thankful if someone could judge my situation.

I am aiming towards these universities,
Arizona State University,
Virginia Tech,
Georgia Tech,
Univ of Michigan, Ann Arbor,
Univ of California, Irvine
Univ of Maryland,located in College Park, Maryland

Do I hold any chance?

Thank You
seer

imnotready
09-20-2008, 11:10 AM
According to the information stated above,
are really risky, that is, not impossible, but yours is below the average scores of those schools.

seer
09-20-2008, 11:58 AM
are really risky

Thanks for replying imnotready, I missed to add Univ of Maryland, in the list above and also could you tell me the chances in rest of the universities which I have mentioned above?

Milkshakes
09-20-2008, 10:51 PM
I assume you're not a native speaker of English, in which case your Verbal GRE doesn't matter that much. You got 800 in Math which is what really counts. If you have strong credentials elsewhere (GPA, proper math background and solid recommendations), you're in good shape.

seer
09-21-2008, 04:46 AM
I assume you're not a native speaker of English, in which case your Verbal GRE doesn't matter that much. You got 800 in Math which is what really counts. If you have strong credentials elsewhere (GPA, proper math background and solid recommendations), you're in good shape.

Thanks Milkshakes for replying. Its true that i am not a native speaker of English.