PDA

View Full Version : GRE vs. GMAT

Anik
01-25-2002, 07:27 PM
Hello,
The program I am going to apply to requires taking either GMAT or GRE (I can choose). Can somebody give any reasons why choose or not to choose a particular test? Is there a big difference between these two tests in difficulty, particular types of questions, etc.?

I would appreciate any opinions.

Thank you,
Anna

Erin
01-25-2002, 09:37 PM
Hi, Anna,

Are you a native speaker or a non-native speaker of English?

I think that the GRE is harder for non-native speakers because of the overwhelming amount of vocabulary necessary to achieve a high score.

By the way, the GRE is going to change later this year. Check out my GRE page for more details!!

Hope that helps!!

Please post here if you have any more questions!!

Erin

Erin Billy
TestMagic.com
San Francisco, CA USA

Anik
07-24-2002, 05:39 PM
Thank you very much for your reply and for your great site!

I decided to revive the question because now GRE is going to change. I was thinking about taking GRE because there were no essay questions in there. I am a little scared of the essay questions and tried to avoid that :-) But now I am not sure what to do, may be it would actually be better to go with GMAT as you recommended?

Can you give any pluses or minuses of either option (GMAT and GRE)?

By the way, do you think it is realistic to prepare for GMAT/GRE in two months of intensive studies provided that:

1) I have a quite good TOEFL level vocabulary, grammar and reading comprehension skills;

2) Master's degree in Mathematics (with distinction) so math
preparation hopefully would not be a big problem

I will appreciate any advice or comments on these issues

Best regards,
Anna

vehomzzz
11-28-2002, 12:44 AM
Hi Anna, are you Russian by any chance???