PDA

View Full Version : No score: Thanks for your help,guys!

rosie
09-02-2002, 06:55 PM
When I see all of your guys made good scores in TOEFL test, I wonder whether I should say something here. But, I want to say "Thanks" to your guys. especially Erin, you are so patient!:)

I took my TOEFL test last week ( Aug.28), which is my second time. Although I worked very hard, I still did it badly. :( Comparing to my first time, I only improved three points in total scores. I finally understood that my English is still very poor even though I have lived in North America for more than one year,

The longer I live here, the stronger feeling I have that it is so important for me to improve English either for studies or for working.I might not to take TOEFL test again, but I like to improve my English with your guys.If anybody has any opinion about how to improve it, please let me know. I'll appreciate it very much.:p

Best wish to this website and good luck to all of you!:)

atnoon
09-03-2002, 12:21 AM
Hi! Rosie ....Don't give up!!! :D Fight! Fight!
you have a lot of ways to improve your English....and you are luckier than I because you are in America now.

One of my friends have lived in SF for 6 months. He told me at first time he arrived SF, he felt "he was absolutely stupid". He could not communicate with Americans well. Then he applied for studying in language center near his house. He keep studying hard and expanding his society, he has hundred friends now. He chat up with their friends and do ton assignments everyday. That is the way he improve his English. You know he felt fail many times. When he felt fail, he rest and then he go on. The show must go on!!, Right? Consequently, his Toefl score gradually increase from 43x to 48x. I'm sure he gonna reach his expected score prior the end of this year.

So, Rosie keep studying hard....you gonna reach your goal!!!!:D

God bless you
At noon

vertical_horizon
09-03-2002, 01:06 AM
When I see all of your guys made good scores in TOEFL test, I wonder whether I should say something here. But, I want to say "Thanks" to your guys.especially Erin, you are so patient!

I took my TOEFL test last week( Aug.28), which is my second time. Although I worked very hard, I still did it badly. Comparing to my first time, I only improved three points in total scores.I finally understood that my English is still very poor even though I have lived in North America for more than one year,

The longer I live here, the stronger feeling I have that it is so important for me to improve English either for studies or for working.I might not to take TOEFL test again, but I like to improve my English with your guys.If anybody has any opinion about how to improve it, please let me know. I'll appreciate it very much.

Best wish to this website and good luck to all of you!

Oh Rosie don't you give up? If I were you I would prepare more and take the toefl test again, til I reach my desired score (of course if finance is not a problem). Did you try Powerprep? I think you should practice on that.

Yeah atnoon is right when saying that you're luckier tha us to be in the U.S. now. Attending to a university in America is my biggest dream now. I don't know if I can do that but I'm trying my best now.

Rosie, I'm happy to know you're keeping on moving! I know you can do it! Discussing here in TM is a very good way to improve your English, so keep posting your questions and ideas!

300 to ya,

verhor

rosie
09-03-2002, 01:11 PM
Atnoon and Verhor:

Thanks for your kind words and good advice. I will keep going back here and practicing more with your guys. I feel so warm with your friendship.

Hope you come true your dreams soon!

Rosie:p

Vaya
09-03-2002, 04:16 PM
Hi rosie!

Can you tell us your score? I think your grammar is good (in your posts it is good).
If you (with such grammar) didn't get your desired score, so what I should expect?...

Renata

Erin
09-03-2002, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by atnoon

One of my friends have lived in SF for 6 months...

At noon
I think I just met your friend, atnoon! He is a tall, friendly guy, right? If so, yes, you are right--his English is good! I was so happy to hear that he was your friend. I think this is the first time I've had some sort of connection between the Internet world and the "real" world.

Erin

Erin
09-03-2002, 08:36 PM
Rosie, you will make it, don't worry. Just keep trying. Remember, anything good in life requires effort. And with that effort will come great reward. You will see. :D

atnoon
09-03-2002, 11:47 PM
I think I just met your friend, atnoon! He is a tall, friendly guy, right? If so, yes, you are right--his English is good! I was so happy to hear that he was your friend. I think this is the first time I've had some sort of connection between the Internet world and the "real" world.

Erin

Hi Erin!!
Yep!! you met my freind!!!:D He has called this early morning (Thailand time), last couple hours. And he said;

He: Guess!!! whom I met today?
I : :o:oguess someone in SF[xx(] who?
He: I met ERIN!! I went to TestMagic.:D
I: Wooow!!!!!! REALLY.....How does he look like?
He: ummm....He is handsome....but I'm better. hehehe[}:)]
I: [|)][xx(][xx(][xx(]

[:o)] Just kidding you!!!!:D
At noon

rosie
09-04-2002, 01:41 AM
Sounds like a lot of fun here. This is a world which makes me smile.
:):):)
Vaya & Erin:
Thanks a lot!

Mentioning about structure part, I was really puzzled. I did carefully in my first test, but I ran out of time with two questions left.I finally got 27; so I tried my best to run quickly in the second test, I had more than two minutes left after I finished.I finally got 26. This part made me really disappointed.:(:(:(
I hope other guys take my lesson, and try to control time better.

Rosie

harbinger
09-04-2002, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by rosie

Sounds like a lot of fun here. This is a world which makes me smile.
:):):)
Vaya & Erin:
Thanks a lot!

Mentioning about structure part, I was really puzzled. I did carefully in my first test, but I ran out of time with two questions left.I finally got 27; so I tried my best to run quickly in the second test, I had more than two minutes left after I finished.I finally got 26. This part made me really disappointed.:(:(:(
I hope other guys take my lesson, and try to control time better.

Rosie

Oh Rosie, Doing 26 correct sentences is pretty good. How many correct sentences did you expect to get?

rosie
09-04-2002, 11:42 PM
Hi, Harbinger:

I expect that I would get at least 28. When I plan to take the second test I expect to improve 2-3 score in each item. I did improve 3 in listening part which is not easy to me. I got 1 lower than the first time in reading part because the reading part is much harder than that of the first test. I cannot complain about it. The structure part is what I should do best.