PDA

View Full Version : Kaplan Vs STE ? Which one is better

ChrisPan
05-11-2004, 12:25 AM
Hi: guys, I need you give me some suggestions. I want to go to Lsat preparation class in Vancouver. Since I am an international student, I do not have any clue about which class I should register. One is held by Kaplan, the other one is held by STE (standaridized Test Educators). As you know, the tuition is so expensive. I really need to make a good dicision. Thanks a lot.
Chris

Runner
09-21-2004, 03:19 AM
There is no substitute for going through as many actual LSAT preptests as possible. With enough of them, it becomes second nature.

And another thing to consider: do not get thrown off by radical shifts in your score. Its a good indication that you are merely incorporating new techniques into your test-taking strategy. I once got a 146 on a practice test, well after I began my studying. The next day on a different practice test, I got a 158. The bottom line is not to let your performance, however satisfactory or unsatisfactory, affect your morale or your level of confidence. The point is that there is always more you can get through before test day.

I suppose that is the best input I can put forth as I solider on toward the Oct. 2 test.

The test is intimidating only at first glance. After enough full length-tests and practice sections, it becomes a self-sustaining success.

Runner
09-22-2004, 01:03 AM
And for the record, Kaplan is something of a scam. When you consider the fact that they use resources that you could just as easily purchase on the Internet for less than $150 or at Barnes & Noble (take your pick), it becomes clear that Kaplan is vastly over-priced. Try your hand at the actual prep tests before you shell out $1,000+ for this program.

Also, the study sessions only go so far. You think you're studying, but you're really just being briefed and/or lectured. I know I may sound a bit insensitive bashing Kaplan with only a few days to go before the test, but, seriously, much of the ground I have conquered, I did it through hard work, not through a $1,000 course.

LS2005
10-01-2004, 10:24 PM
Powerscore is quite good.

Runner
10-13-2004, 05:11 AM
Does anybody know if its possible to get your score before the Oct. 25 e-mail? I'm not all that worried, and generally feel I did well, but my parents have been bugging me about it ever since the test ended.

So now that it's all over, who's applying where?

LaLa101
05-16-2005, 02:43 AM
do NOT go with kaplan as far as I have heard....
testmasters is good and powerscore as well..( as far as i know)