PDA

View Full Version : How to effectively prepare for the Analytical Writing Section?

aficionado
02-08-2009, 01:10 PM
Look, I'm scheduled to take the Analytical Writing Section (I'm in China so I have to take the paper-based split test) on March 14th, 2009. But, for now, except for having printed the pool of issue topics and the pool of argument topics from ETS website, I don't know much about how to proceed. And, as you can imagine, non-native English speakers tend to have much more difficulty in writing essays and score less in the test. So, to begin with, let me just ask this: what kind of materials do I need to have to get preparation for the section?

aficionado
02-09-2009, 01:01 PM
Well, I forgot to say that I have this book: "GRE CAT: Answers to the Real Essay Questions, 2nd edition", by Mark Alan Stewart, J.D. And my book is an authorized adaptation edition by Thomson Learning and NOS and WAP. Is this book a useful resource?

aficionado
02-10-2009, 12:26 PM
um...I find it weird that people on this forum seem so reluctant to respond actively and timely to others' threads that most threads here end up with single digit replies(i.e. less than 9) even after a relatively long period. What seems more strikingly to me is that despite being rated by McAfee SiteAdvisor as having lots of users, this forum, which is hosted in the U.S. but seems to be having more active Indian users, does lack proper interactive activities. Just my opinion. I'm now somewhat confused about the nature of this site.