PDA

View Full Version : Who else is getting ancy? Several apps still out there....

uhokay
03-10-2009, 04:44 AM
I have no word still from:

BC, MSU, Colorado, U of IL, Syracuse, Indiana, Georgetown.

Grrrr...I need a towel to chew on. Who else is waiting?

Bayern
03-10-2009, 04:56 AM
12 more to go (applied to a lotttt of schools). In all honesty, from the look of things, most of them should be rejections. Only praying to God now...

economics
03-10-2009, 04:58 AM
bayern,

but you do have an admission already, i recall, correct?

what else are you waiting for, and what's your admission again? are the outstanding ones better than your admission?

good luck

Bayern
03-10-2009, 05:02 AM
I am waiting for the likes of Cornell, Michigan, UCSD, Brown, Boston etc. My best offers are UCSB and UW-Seattle till now. So I can definitely get a 'step-up' if I can get into any of those programs. Fingers crossed :)

economics
03-10-2009, 05:08 AM
true, but UCSB will give you much, much better weather than all your other choices (except UCSD - good luck with that!)

:)

Jaktu
03-10-2009, 05:54 AM
Yep I'm hoping to get in one...see sig.

econominee
03-10-2009, 06:12 AM
My prof told me that unless I get the letter, I should not talk about being rejected. I shall listen to him and wait, hoping that something good will come up after this deadly silence....

nzecon
03-10-2009, 11:51 AM
HBS, Michigan Ross, NYU Stern... oh the agony! I think HBS will be a reject anyway, but i'm still crossing my fingers and hoping i have a chance

corolla09
03-10-2009, 01:11 PM
still have Syracuse, Va Tech (their website said early April!!!), NC State (hopefully this week), Florida State, plus funding info...hopefully some more news will come this week

GymShorts
03-10-2009, 01:17 PM
I'm waiting on 7 PhD programs, 2 econ masters, and 1 stat masters, but with a funded offer under my belt, I'm not sweating too much.

Dr. Who
03-10-2009, 01:28 PM
I'm in the same boat...

Not accepted not rejected pile includes: OSU, MSU, Vanderbilt, WUSTL,
No decisions yet: , U of I, Indiana, UMich

Looks like we should hear from U of I (1 admit on TM/GC) and CU-Boulder this week. Also, Indiana emailed me in Feb for updated transcripts and said "early to mid-march", so hopefully this week also.

Hang in there! The first round is almost over. Once first round candidates go to flyouts and start narrowing down their choices, we should see the second round acceptances/waitlists start to move. :luck2: It looks like it could be a long month. My prof also stated if you aren't rejected yet, there is still some hope and he thinks there will be a lot of movement in April just before the deadline.

YoungEconomist
03-10-2009, 01:32 PM
I'm definitely getting a little ancy. I thought last week and this week so far would have been crazy, but I have yet to hear anything.

cjw10
03-10-2009, 01:56 PM
I've got some good results so far, I'm still super ancy to hear back from colorado and maryland and (maybe) nc state, though. Those are really the only schools that could complicate my decision. I'm waiting on some funding decisions that have been wearing me thin, too...

asquare
03-10-2009, 02:07 PM
(antsy)

obtuse_icosahedron
03-10-2009, 02:13 PM
still waiting for 2 econ masters .. my upf-gse offer is expiring soon :(

pun_dit
03-10-2009, 02:17 PM
(antsy)

You sure they didn't mean ANSI? ;)

I'm still waiting for NYU, NWU, and LSE MRes/PhD.

cjw10
03-10-2009, 02:28 PM
(antsy)

I knew it didn't feel right...

econominee
03-10-2009, 02:59 PM
I thought that we would be done with this crazy process by the end of March. but now you guys are talking about April. The longer it takes, the messed up my future plans are. On the other hand, there is still some hope then. Last week I e-mailed Rice and asked if they were done with decisions. They told me that they already did the first rounds. What I thought was if I am not waitlisted so far, I am not going to be waitlisted whatsoever. Now I see I might get an offer in April.....:notworthy

uhokay
03-11-2009, 08:09 AM
Hopefully we'll all get some news this week....

I hate being put on hold!

TRDood
03-11-2009, 08:25 AM
waiting for 9 more schools

arcanum
03-11-2009, 11:16 AM
i'm still waiting for BC, CMU, Wisc, UCSD, Brown, BU and UMich.. waiting really sucks..

anx1ous
03-11-2009, 04:40 PM
I'm technically waiting for four more schools, but it boils down to one: Brown. Harvard & NYU are de facto rejections (I haven't felt like e-mailing the departments to confirm when my fate is clear), George Washington I've been too lazy to withdraw my application from...so that leaves Brown. Hopefully they'll release decisions by the end of this week rather than next week, when I'm on Spring Break.

fp3690
03-11-2009, 06:05 PM
I'm technically waiting for four more schools, but it boils down to one: Brown. Harvard & NYU are de facto rejections (I haven't felt like e-mailing the departments to confirm when my fate is clear), George Washington I've been too lazy to withdraw my application from...so that leaves Brown. Hopefully they'll release decisions by the end of this week rather than next week, when I'm on Spring Break.

Would you prefet Brown to Columbia? Why?

anx1ous
03-11-2009, 07:40 PM
Would you prefet Brown to Columbia? Why?

No, I don't *think* I would...I think I'm just the kind of person who likes to have all the options laid out at once before committing. Not knowing from Brown just makes it feel like the process isn't over yet (though I guess my indecision doesn't extend to a school like GW...). Silly me, I guess? :)

uhokay
03-17-2009, 01:56 AM
Still waiting...GRRRRR!!!

Does anyone else feel like there's a hermetic waitlist for the waitlist?

bheld
03-17-2009, 02:36 AM
all I know is that this is a long time to wait for rejections. I wish they would just put me out of my misery already. At least I already got into one place with funding I'll be happy to go to.