PDA

View Full Version : Improving Verbal

aimhigh
09-21-2002, 03:20 AM
Where can I get the best material to improve verbal scores. I can do pretty well in CR. I mostly take lots of time in doing CR, in understanding the passage. In SC I am unsure almost 50-60% of the times of the answer I choose.
Is there somewhere an exhaustive list of the books, which can help me get 750[}:)]
Thanks a lot in advance.

triscuit
09-24-2002, 01:30 AM
try reading the newspaper regularly, that sometimes helps overall. as long as it's not usatoday!!!

also, princeton review is really good for verbal prep - they have a verbal workout book with a ton of practice problems.

Erin
09-24-2002, 02:18 AM
This is a pretty common question, and the standard answer is to read as much as you can. Of course it's best to read real GMAT or GRE stuff, and there's actually a lot of RC available, but if you start to run out of stuff, you might also want to consider using LSAT tests--some people find that helpful.

If you look around a lot, you will find that there's a dearth of SC stuff to practice, but you can visit here and participate in our discussions. Doing this has helped many, many people, as you should be able to clearly see in our "Just finished my GMAT test" section! [^]