PDA

View Full Version : Fabrications?

scogax
07-04-2010, 02:31 AM
Hey guys! was wandering if i don't know anything about a topic, can i fabricate lies and lies all through, what if i eventually make sense?, like say topic; invention of gun powder was most destructive thing ever done, i assume i'm suppose to like define it in the introductory phase and say a little about the inventor, and the year it was invented, and what happened afterwards bla bla, say i fabricate the name, the year, create some false stories about purpose, harm it caused in the few years it was created and so on. Well,lets just say i wrote it very well, w good grammar, and well organized, THEN WHAT HAPPENS?? how will i be scored??

genericname
07-04-2010, 02:34 AM
I don't think you need those specific details to comment on the issue that you are supposed to argue

genericname
07-04-2010, 02:40 AM
But if you meant completely make up a story that you can use to argue a point brilliantly, than I think it wouldn't be scored high simply because I can make up all kinds of things to make my point rock solid, that doesn't mean they are true.

Gun powder most destructive thing ever made...

Gun powder invented by super evil bad guy leads to other more terrifying uses of gun powder in world war 3 and 4 which leads to the death of 75% of the world's population, so therefore gun powder is the most destructive thing ever made.

scogax
07-04-2010, 03:12 AM
ha ha ha well hope u saw the more elaborate way i wrote part of the essay for u just now, i sent it on quick reply, so what do u think?? i think even the joke u wrote up here, can be converted to a very interesting story, yup! to just chip in ww2 ww3 in the essay will make it supper dooper interesting, ofcourse! IF WELL WRITTEN, that's the whole point i thought. U tell me??

scogax
07-04-2010, 03:14 AM
pls reply me if u are online, thanx

genericname
07-04-2010, 03:15 AM
what essay?

genericname
07-04-2010, 03:21 AM
ha ha ha well hope u saw the more elaborate way i wrote part of the essay for u just now, i sent it on quick reply, so what do u think?? i think even the joke u wrote up here, can be converted to a very interesting story, yup! to just chip in ww2 ww3 in the essay will make it supper dooper interesting, ofcourse! IF WELL WRITTEN, that's the whole point i thought. U tell me??

Yeah, maybe that little paragraph I wrote up could be converted to an interesting story, but the AWA section isn't looking for a story, they are looking for logical reasoning applied to an issue (albeit maybe in an unconventional format, from what I've read at least). If I create my own world, I can argue anything I want.

scogax
07-04-2010, 03:40 AM
Gun powder as the name implies simply mean powder made up of chemical that is use with a destructive weapons and guns, bombs etc. It was invented in 1704 by Sir Thomas luis in Hampshire, England. Funny enough he created this tool for domestic purpose at the time, specifically for hunting. Ofcaurse, the velocity, and force of the gun powder bullets were specific for hunting. His invention was considered ingenious comparing it to the popular bow and arrow used for hunting at the time. Not knowing the later mass destructions this simple technology will lead to generations to come.
Apparently, as the gunpowder was becoming increasingly popular for hunting in the country, government had an entirely different agenda. Government was recruiting scientist to study more on the material used. With more knowledge on nuclear chemical. Gun powder took an entirely different perspective of use.
Bla bla
then conclusion
something like this..huh??
what do u think??
the thing is i dont know topics like that, but i am creative, and was hoping it can be a plus in this essay writing, i hate english, im an excellent quantitative student, i recently took the practice test and scored a 100% in quantitative, i just need a descent score in my english, will this help me u think??

scogax
07-04-2010, 03:46 AM
i need to know how bad i am, pls?? or maybe good????

genericname
07-04-2010, 03:50 AM
I would think the "bla, bla, conclusion" part would be more important than any creative back story that you can think up.

This is all my opinion and you should get other opinions and read sample AWA essays. I just think its a really bad idea to fabricate because no reasoning is needed because a situation can be fabricated that makes it very easy to make a logical argument that favors whatever stand you are taking.

scogax
07-04-2010, 04:18 AM
im gonna pray and do the best i can, but iv always been horrible in english, ill read as many essays as possible, thank for the tips, i appreciate ur time.