PDA

View Full Version : Please rate this essay

propensity
09-18-2010, 08:10 PM
Most people are taught that loyalty is a virtue. But loyalty—whether to one's friends, to one's school or place of employment, or to any institution—is all too often a destructive rather than a positive force." __________________________________________________ ______________

From our childhood we are taught to be loyal, because it is one of the ingredients of good human being, because precepts say it is a virtue. But while applying this loyalty in some particular cases we can see that it convokes destruction sometimes, rather than reinforcing positive forces it sometimes destroys our other moral values that are also basic requirement of good human being.

We think our friends to be very loyal, that’s why we often inform them our confident information . But we can not imagine how our friends loyal behavior bring us ill fame . I can mention here one of my loyal friend here. Few days ago I went to a friend of mine, sat down on his computer and browse facebook which is a social networking platform where from we can communicate with other friends. I forgot to log out form the site. This friend of mine was very loyal to me and I even now can not imagine how he abused this type of loyalty feeling of mine. He used my facebook account to deliver lewd, licentious messages to some of my friends. Later I had to contact them and told them that this messages was not from me. I even don’t know whether they have believed this or not. Another type of loyalty feeling experience regarding my friends becomes horrible while lending money. When friends ask me for money I lend them because they are loyal to me. But most of the cases I do not get the money back. This two cases can show what is the obvious fault of loyalty.

In office employee seems to be loyal. That’s why they are highly believed and this causes negative effect sometimes. We often see notice in the newspaper regarding the secret departure of employee from a office with money or other valuable things. This employee gains the loyalty first and when they get the scope to abuse this, they just abuse. Loyalty to institution, tenet can cause greater harms. When a person is loyal to an institution or organization he tries to conform with the believes and dogmas of them. He has to hide confidential information that requires to be immediately revealed for greater welfare of community, society. But he can not do it because he is loyal. Often employee have to do illegal things for the success of organization. He does it because he is loyal.

All the evidences presented earlier does not necessary mean that we do not need loyalty in out human society. They are some cases where loyalty calls destruction, causes negative effects. What I mean that loyalty should require a threshold, a boundary where we can apply it and get positive results.