PDA

View Full Version : anyone accepted to CMU social and decision sciences?

jsebastian
10-27-2010, 04:12 PM
Hi all,
I am new at the forum and I wish I can get some feedback on Carnegie Mellon's Social and Decision Sciences program. I've read that entering the program is quite difficult so I would like to know if someone has been accepted there and to please tell me your profile.

I've read that they don't look for the typical economics applicant, but i'm not sure what that means. I hold a BA in Economics from a top 3 university in my country in south america and i was the best student in my class. I am now an instructor at the same university.

The thing is that I don't want to do Macro anymore and I've become increasingly interested on behavioral/experimental/cognitive issues regarding economics, so I think CM's program is perfect. What are my chances? I am thinking on doing this new MSc in Warwick called "Economic and Psychological Science (Economic and Psychological Science (http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/soc/economics/pg/current/msc_economic_and_psychological_science/)) " just to increase my chances on getting to CM's program but I'm afraid that if I'm not accepted at CM, my chances on getting on another graduate program will be significantly reduced because of Warwick's MSc specificity.

Any thoughts on this? any other programs similar to CM's? It doesn't have to be in th US, I'd be fine with Europe.

Help is really appreciated!
Thanks!!