PDA

View Full Version : Ecological Economics

greenlantern
10-31-2010, 05:52 AM
Hello,
I am considering applying to grad school and am broadly interested in how environmental issues influence economic policy and vice versa.
Please could you suggest some reading material (books, papers) in Ecological and Env Econ that I can cut my teeth on?

What schools should I be looking at for this specialization?

Thanks!

AREStudentHopeful
10-31-2010, 02:59 PM
I'll mention a few schools you could check out. My flash drive is buried on my desk at the moment so I can't check it for papers to suggest. I know Wyoming and U Mass Amherst (resource econ department) both have people that have worked on ecological econ. As far as broader "environmental economics" schools, there is quite a selection depending on what you're looking for. Berkeley ARE, UCSB, Davis ARE, NC State, ASU...they all have good people.

nat_resource
10-31-2010, 05:09 PM
Edward Barbier, Amy Ando, John Loomis, Stephen Polasky are all big names in ecological economics. I would suggest looking at Polasky's vita and then selecting a couple of his journal articles to start with.

Schools that are strong in environmental are not necessarily strong in ecological/bioeconomics.