PDA

View Full Version : Help needed! appl. evaluation(low AWA/ GRE)

dobrin
11-03-2010, 10:05 AM
Hi!
I just received my AWA scores from GRE and they are awful - 3.5 I expected 4.5
I have 800q/600v and I am very confident that if I take the exam again i will have more in vocab and writing and 800 in quantity again. But I don't want to lose a whole year.

I have GPA around 3.95/4 in my major degree in Economics and 3.5/4 in my second degree in Applied Mathematics. I have LOR from my statistics, micro and macro professors and I ranked 1st in all of their courses.
I'm not a native English speaker and I was wondering if addcoms would take it into account before dismissing my application?
In which universities should I apply with such results(20-50)? I really need funding - do i stand a chance?
I would like to study in PennState or Washington University in St. Louis?

Charis
11-05-2010, 08:46 AM
I know this is a tall order, but if you check in the upper right corner closely enough you might find a blank and below that the words "advanced search". Voila answers to all your redundant questions...

P.S. Alternatively you can just check the threads from the last couple of weeks where we extensively covered this choice for someone with a 3.5 AWA.

dobrin
11-06-2010, 12:08 AM
Well, it is rational to think that if i'm worried enough to make a topic and wait for an answer I should have already browsed the related topics.
I hoped for an answer on the question about the range of uni-s.

petecheese
11-06-2010, 11:13 AM
I don;t know how to answer this. I don't think the 3.5 means no university will accept you. But it may mean that one or two prospective universities may not (not sure about this). Try look at the TM past applicants analysis page. and look for people with 3.5 awa and see how they faired