PDA

View Full Version : Is it okay to send a 2nd copy of transcript if unsure if first copy arrived

maximizin
11-19-2010, 01:04 AM
I am considering sending a 2nd copy of the transcripts as I'm having difficulty confirming if the 1st copy that I ordered was sent out from my undergrad. If the university receives 2 copies (in the event that the 1st copy was sent), would that be any sort of problem?

Harry Lime
11-19-2010, 03:06 AM
It's a risk. Some universities have a policy that if they receive an even number of transcripts they destroy them, but an odd number they will consider your application. I know Princeton and Michigan destroy them if they get a prime number. To be on the safe side call the grad secretary to find out their policy.

petecheese
11-19-2010, 09:25 AM
I dont think it is a risk if you send another, but can't you make sure somehow that they reached. Why won't your school say if they sent them. Weird

econornot
11-19-2010, 10:25 AM
It's a risk. Some universities have a policy that if they receive an even number of transcripts they destroy them, but an odd number they will consider your application. I know Princeton and Michigan destroy them if they get a prime number. To be on the safe side call the grad secretary to find out their policy.

Then to be on the safe side, make sure you send out 9 copies since that's the smallest no. that is odd and not prime, but then you have to take into account of the probability that some don't reach resulting in the department receiving an even number of prime number of copies.

On a serious note, yup... you should just ask the grad sec. But if they do not answer the phone or email (in which the latter is of probability 1), it's definitely fine to send multiple copies. But I don't think you need to worry too much if the application requires you to upload a scanned copy first (which most do I think).