PDA

View Full Version : Are those online SOP editing services really good???

Maldini
11-24-2010, 05:56 AM
I'v heard of Essayedge and EDITED OUT

Has anyone ever tried these SOP editors before? I've got millions of things to do and may not be able to put much time on my essay.

I am wondering if these people really know very well about a certain subject so that they can help make my essay more deep and insightful? I really don't want to pay a big price for someone who is a good writer but doesn't have good knowledge of the subject...

Thank you!!

ironman6788
11-24-2010, 06:48 AM
you know. I was kinda stressing about my SOP for a while but the advice on this forum is all pretty good and here's the thing. It's just a page and half or two pages and additionally it's been said that the SOP is not a significant factor in your admit unless you have problems that need to be explained from your gpa/class deficiencies. That considered, would paying that much for help on the SOP be really worth it (especially since you have your Bachelor's so one would assume you can write reasonably well already)?

Maldini
11-24-2010, 07:36 AM
Thank you ironman. I am actually applying for a few PhD in Finance programs. I guess they put more weight on the SOP than traditional econ program sinc they do care much about your research experience etc. I am just not confident that I can write something that the admission committee will find interesting instead of naive...

I am a bit skeptical whether those SOP editors really know Finance so that they can make sure the SOP is "acacemic" enough...

taurenchieftain
11-24-2010, 08:30 AM
personal statement is a crucial part of your app. But people look mainly to get a sense of your interests, that you are seriously thinking about research rather than wanting to get a degree for a wallstreet job, and how you fit in the program.

Canuckonomist
11-24-2010, 01:54 PM
Thank you ironman. I am actually applying for a few PhD in Finance programs. I guess they put more weight on the SOP than traditional econ program sinc they do care much about your research experience etc. I am just not confident that I can write something that the admission committee will find interesting instead of naive...

I am a bit skeptical whether those SOP editors really know Finance so that they can make sure the SOP is "acacemic" enough...

I'm not sure this place will have expert consultants in every area. They may help you with organization or basic editing, but the content is all yours, so if it's not interesting already, they won't make it more so.