PDA

View Full Version : Question about sending this semester's transcript.

sunyuzheng
11-28-2010, 09:15 PM
Hey guys,

Most application deadlines are 12.8, 12.15, on which my transcript of this semester hasn't come out yet.

But almost all my high level economics classes are taken in this semester, and I expect that I would do very well in those classes. So I really want the graduate schools to see my transcript including these classes.

What should I do? Send another transcript after the deadline? Should I tell them through an email that I'm going to do so or it is default? Also, some schools ask for Junior and Senior GPA, but I only have my Junior GPA right now, what should I fill?

Thank you guys!

Elliephant
11-28-2010, 09:31 PM
In terms of GPA, fill in whatever you have, and put N/A (not applicable) for whatever you don't have.

Some schools (Michigan, Princeton) explicitly ask you for your fall grades whenever those become available; others (Northwestern) make it optional to submit them if you have "substantial" courses this term. I've yet to come across any school that explicitly tells you not to send them in, although I hear that this sometimes happens. Another option is to have your LOR writers comment on your performance in those courses so far.

blackwhite
11-28-2010, 10:04 PM
I had the same problem last year. Here is what I did:

After my Fall grades came out, I sent emails to the Grad. Program coordinators and let them know about my grades. Some of them wanted me to email the scanned copy of my new transcripts some of them requested both scanned copy and official copy. In other words, after sending them email with the scanned copy of my transcript, I also mailed my official transcript to them.

My advice is just email or call the grad program coordinators and ask them what you can do right after you get your updated transcript with your Fall grades...