PDA

View Full Version : Baylor MSeco question

Ducketts
12-01-2010, 02:20 AM
Has anyone heard of Baylor masters program placing well in phd programs? I'm unable to find any placement information for Baylor.

acoustickel
12-02-2010, 06:08 AM
Last year we had someone go to Wisconsin...but the MSEco degree didn't have a whole lot of influence on her application bc she applied during her first semester of the program. There are two of us applying to PhD programs this year. I'm applying to 30-50 range schools, but the other student is applying to top 20...the big differences in our applications are our undergrad records. One of the profs told a student that the MSEco degree doesn't have a whole lot influence on your application.

Ducketts
12-04-2010, 05:52 AM
Thanks so much for the response exactly the information I was looking for. It doesn't appear Baylor has a history of using its program as a stepping stone to Phd. Although in these forums, there seems to be several success stories from masters programs like UNLV. In the end, I suppose it depends on the individual. Please let me know how your applications go and what steps you made at baylor to enhance your application to phd programs. Thanks again.