PDA

View Full Version : how do I fill in "Resources for the 2011-2012 academic year"

Maldini
12-02-2010, 04:27 PM
I am doing Berkeley's online application stuff and it asks me to list sources of support and their amount. I am wondering how these numbers will affect admission/funding decisions?
I want the funding but the more important thing is to get in first. Should I provide sufficient financial support in order to get in?

Thanks!

rthunder27
12-02-2010, 04:36 PM
Ugh, it's stuff like this that really makes me dislike the Berkeley application, I'm just glad it's the only one I have to do next week. I plan on answering as honestly as possible myself. I'm fairly certain that this information is just used for some of the fellowships/funding, and does not impact admission. As a side note, they really want US students to complete a FAFSA? They're the only school that seems to ask for it.

kipfilet
12-02-2010, 10:32 PM
I also have this question. Is there an "optimal" amount one should insert, given the unfunded admission - no admission at all trade-off?

Maldini
12-05-2010, 10:07 AM
Anyone has more thoughts on this? I am an international student and for me, unfunded admission is still way better than a rejection because I can still talk to my parents about the funding issue. But certainly, if saying that I am able to fund myself will lower my chance to get funding, then I will be reluctant to do so...