PDA

View Full Version : Iowa's placement is stunning...

Maldini
12-03-2010, 03:43 AM
Recent Placements and Flyouts - Economics - Tippie College of Business - The University of Iowa (http://tippie.uiowa.edu/economics/phd/placement.cfm)

dreck
12-03-2010, 04:20 AM
Indeed. I've heard though (DGS, Top 30 program where I was admitted but did not attend, 2010) that they put a LOT of weight behind their top prospects and weed a lot of people out. But you can probably judge that claim for yourself based on their other placements and their attrition rate...which I can't find at the moment. Either way, they're doing something right...

enginecon
12-03-2010, 11:50 AM
Iowa has a solid program, and several rankings confirm it. However, keep in mind that the placements they show in the linked page are only the best few over several years. You have to look at the others also. In the "where are they now" page you can see the other placements. The entire list is still good, but you will see some that at least do not "sound" too impressive (e.g., NC Central, Elon, etc).
Placement depends on both the school and the candidate, though. This applies both to the good and the not so good placements. Credit should be shared in both cases.