PDA

View Full Version : How do foreign pharmacists with own green card apply for medical schools in the U.S?

spinach888
01-24-2011, 02:12 AM
As a foreign pharmacist and a green card holder, I would like to know how to apply for medical school in the U.S? Would the number of study years in medical school get shorter as compared to regular students in medical schools?

aabdraff57
06-16-2011, 05:39 PM
As far as I know, there is no concession for any pharmacist (foreign or local) for admission into any medical school here. You have take the MCAT and apply to any medical school and go through the whole curricula. Pharmacy and Medicine are two separate professional disciplines (albeit not entirely mutually exclusive).

You might find the Pharmacology block easier to study for when you're in med school but other than that, you're stuck for 4 more years. :-)

Hope that helps.

morales99
08-07-2011, 12:13 AM
I think as long as you will pass the MCAT examination you have the chance to enter the med school.

rosyria
06-25-2012, 01:55 AM
spinach888, i am also a foreign pharmacist holding a green card, I was wondering what did u do so far? any luck getting into med school? if yes please share your experience.
thanks