PDA

View Full Version : How do I interpret my toefl scores ?? !!

gmatkid
02-01-2002, 08:10 AM
hi ,
i answered my toefl on the 30th and have got my scores .plz help me interpret them.

listening: 28
structure 13 - 30
reading comprehension 28

range 230 - 287

my essay might get 3 or 4

plz tell me how many questions i got right on each of these sections based on these scores. And plz also tell me how much my finalscore might go upto if i got a 3 / 4/ 4.5 / 5/5.5 on my score.

please try to reply fast
thankk you
gmatkid

Erin
02-02-2002, 11:17 PM
Whew! What a common question! Check this out:

After you take your test, you will get a range of your score. For example, you might see something like this: 207-270. Your final score depends on your essay score. Each point on the essay will raise your final score about ten points. So, for example, if you get a 1.0 on your essay, your final score would be 217. Or, if you get a 5.0 on your essay, your final score would be about 260.

Hope that helps!

Please post further questions here.

Erin

Please search this newsgroup for FAQs & search TestMagic.com from the bottom of every page.

TestMagic.com
San Francisco, CA USA

gmatkid
02-03-2002, 06:22 AM
thanks for the feed back erin! could you plz also tell me what do my scores in the structure and written of 13-30 mean does it mean I got 13 questions right ????? and what does 28 /30 in listening mean . again does it mean that I got only 28 questions correct. Finally, I got a range about 230-287 , is there any chance that I may get above 287 ???? plz reply as soopn as possible. I`m dying to know how this system works.thanks again

Erin
08-13-2002, 07:54 PM
No, no gmatkid.

Remember, the test is adaptive, meaning the test changes itself according to your level while still maintaining the same number of questions. Consequently, different questions are worth more; hard questions get you more points than do easy ones.

So, your score of '28' simply correlates to a score of 28/30; it has almost nothing to do with the number of questions you answered correctly.

Hope that helps! :D

Erin

Has TestMagic helped you a lot?

Please help others as they have helped you.