PDA

View Full Version : Fall Semester Grades

goodvery
02-01-2011, 09:08 AM
Hi,

I have applied to Harvard, Princeton, Stanford, Yale, Berkeley, Kellogg MEDS, UPenn, Columbia GSB Finance, NYU, CalTech, UCLA, Michigan, Carnegie Mellon, Brown.

Do you know which schools accept updated transcript by e-mail?

Thank you for your help.

akmandal
02-01-2011, 10:46 AM
Do a search on the forum. There are a number of threads on the issue.

gkhn
02-01-2011, 12:01 PM
You can use online system for Yale, it has a special section in connection with fall term grade report. Princeton also want you to send it via e-mail.(look at instructions at Midyear Grades -*The Graduate School - Princeton University (http://www.princeton.edu/gradschool/admission/applicants/applying/grades/)) Yesterday, I found out that UCLA does not accept fall term grade report. Additionally, Upenn accepts a copy of fall term grades but does not give a guarantee that adcom will look at the updated one. That's all I know so far. Good luck.

Maldini
02-01-2011, 12:49 PM
OMG...OP is only shooting for the very top schools! You must have a stellar profile!
I think most of the schools have already started to review files by now. So I think they will ask if they want to see your fall grades. Otherwise, I don't think they will change your file even if you send them your fall grade report.

kevinp123
02-01-2011, 03:30 PM
Yesterday, I found out that UCLA does not accept fall term grade report.

That's not true. I sent them mine as an email attachment. I cannot remember the email address I sent it to but it's on the website, and I got a response within a couple hours saying it would be added to my application. It was around mid December though so they might no longer be accepting them.

gkhn
02-01-2011, 07:17 PM
Dear Applicant,

Because the deadline has passed, we are no longer updating the applications. If you feel it necessary, you may send us your new transcripts, but it does not ensure the new grades will be viewed by the Admissions Committee. Thank you.

Graduate Program Office Department of Economics UCLA

This is the e-mail I got from UCLA yesterday. You may send but remark is obvious I think.

bholly
02-01-2011, 08:26 PM
I have just called and spoken to four schools about this in the last half hour. MIT and NYU will each accept (unofficial) transcripts via email, although the person I spoke to at NYU said file reviews have been taking place for the last two weeks, so mine may have been reviewed already. Columbia will still accept via online submission, although I haven't taken a look at doing it yet.
Harvard stated they will no longer accept new grades.

Hope this helps.

bholly
02-01-2011, 09:44 PM
Stanford have also allowed me to email an updated transcript, which they will attempt to add to my file.

I haven't been able to get the appropriate person at Northwestern to answer the phone, nor have I been able to get in touch with anyone at Chicago.

goodvery
02-01-2011, 10:05 PM
gkhn and bholly, thank you for your useful info.

guys, can you give the e-mail addresses of NYU and UPenn we are supposed to send our updated transcripts?