PDA

View Full Version : My score

Mesh
10-03-2002, 04:04 PM
I had pretty bad start since i had to guess on 2 to 3 listening section.My score is 223-277;
Listening=25[V]
reading=30:o
structure=12-28[|)]
i wanted tht higher limit more than 280.but i feel i am satisfied with this score taking into consideration tht i dint give any CBT on toefl and strted preparations 5 days ago.
I cudd have improved litening score by concentrating harder.I think i lost points not coz i was bad at listening but i cudnt memorise the beginning part of long conversation.
essay topic was parents are best teachers. i wrote according to the formula tht Erin had suggested. so expecting 5!
i wud like to thank erin and others for the contribution .of the 5 days of preparation i spent almost 30 hrs reading test magic stuff.tht helped me a lot!thanks again
Mesh

vemiliob
10-03-2002, 08:37 PM
Well, I have just passed my CBT TOEFL on October first.It was really exciting!! My machine hanged up twice so I had to pass three times for the same beginning and thus my test lasted 6hours. My score was 187-254.
I am not an English student (I'm 46),I just lived few months in England and afterwards kept a long relationship with many British and American friends for almost twelve years, but until june 2002 I had never wrote a simple paragraph in this lenguage.Besides, I did not speak English since 1993. I didn't expect to pass this test.I was told I had to do it in order to be accepted for a job in Florida, USA just four weeks ago (I am from Argentina). Tet Magic helped me to pass mostly the Structure part. I would say that many of the sentences were quite similar to the examples I found in TM.I've got a Bachelors degree in Nursing so the subjects I have to hear (Psychology, Anatomy and Physics)sounded to me easy to follow. Quite the opposite, the short dialogues were very fast and difficult to understand. I personaly find imposible to write an essay in 30 minutes. Probably I would in Spanish (I'm not quite sure)but in order to treat a subject with the deepness and respect that it would require, I personally had to have up to 45 minutes. Probably you'r thinking that I'm crazy.I asure you it isn't so, it's only that I love words, they're like pieces of a complex machine. They are the tools that allow us to communicate with one another and because we all deserve our selves respect, words must be treated respectfully as well.

Congratulations Mesh! I like you, feel very happy and grateful to Erin an others. My mail is open for any-one who wishes e-male me.
(vivesbrunet@netscape.net). Yours sincerely.

Dusty
10-04-2002, 02:49 PM
Hey there Mesh This is Impressinve that you got such a high score and didnt had to word really hard to prepare. Im gealous But CONGRS!!!!!!!!!!!! good job!
and Vemiliob CONGRS FOR YOU:):) you did it(i passed toefl on the same day with ya and I have similar scores)

atnoon
10-04-2002, 03:49 PM
:DCONGRATULATIONS!!!:D

Mesh
10-30-2002, 10:46 AM
Heh guys
i got 6 in essay!!! I owe this score to TestMagic. I would like thank TM for their guidance and motivation!!!! My essay topic was"are parents best teachers?".I guess the highlight of the essay were 2 statements:"It is a mother who teaches a child to talk and it is a father who holds a child's hand and teaches him to walk."
there were 40 seconds left with conclusion left.I ended up typing "All in all, there is no better learning institution than home and no better teacher than parents!"
but i guess i mentioned these only bcoz i got 6. neways thanks a lot TM
cheers
Mesh

Vaya
10-30-2002, 03:51 PM
[COLOR=#FF8C00]Yoohoo!!!
Hip, hip, hurray!</font id="orange">

If I could I would jump to the sky! I am so-o-o happy! Congrats!

Renata

vertical_horizon
10-31-2002, 12:15 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

You are awesome!

-phuong-

Miss Avni Bhatnagar
10-31-2002, 12:58 PM
WOW!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
A job done really really well!
Avni...