PDA

View Full Version : card selection prob

tans
09-26-2004, 01:41 PM
hi

i m getting difficulty in card selection probs, will anyone plzz tell me the no of different types of cards i a pack of 52 cards. like how many king, queen, heart et. etc. i m having vry vague idea

rashmi
09-28-2004, 07:50 AM
Total no. of cards = 52.
There are two colors-black and red.
No. of black cards = no. of red cards = 26
There are 4 suits- hearts, clubs, diamonds and spades .
Thus no. of cards of each suite = 13
There are total 13 ranks from 2 to 10 , then jack , queen , king and ace .Thus no. of cards of each rank = 4.

tans
09-28-2004, 02:23 PM
hi rashmi

thanxxxx a lot, i m really happy getting the solution

Jeanette
07-03-2008, 02:19 PM
Is it fair for ETS to use an obviously culturally biased question like this? Not everyone plays cards and is familiar with a typical deck.

I also got a question on powerpoint about a tennis tournament, which threw me off since I don't play tennis and I don't know how tennis matches are conducted.

e.cartman
07-03-2008, 03:34 PM
Does ets ever really ask card selection probs?? I dont remember coming across any in bigbook or powerprep.

Goldust
07-04-2008, 03:18 AM
I think this is taking political correctness to absurd levels. It's like that joke about the kid not being able to do arithmetic in apples because he had been taught to do it with oranges.

And what about the AWA section? You are expected to know SOMETHING about the issue at hand, irrespective of your educational or social background!

I also got a question on powerpoint about a tennis tournament, which threw me off since I don't play tennis and I don't know how tennis matches are conducted.

I don't think such a question would have tested your knowledge of scoring systems and the types of strokes :) . It probably was about the number of matches played. It could just as easily have been any other sport. The particular sport must have been irrelevant.