PDA

View Full Version : Tilburg MRes 2012

TimoV
01-28-2012, 03:38 PM
Hi all,

thought I open a thread about applications to Tilburgs MRes program for this year.

Who did apply? Who is going to?

Anyone who has received an answer yet?

Best

Btw: I am going to apply ;)

pavlemihajlovic
01-28-2012, 06:39 PM
I applied, you can find my profile on Roll Call 2012. I am hoping to get in with some funding, it is my top choice right now. What do you think would be sufficient GRE quantitative score to get in?

TimoV
01-28-2012, 07:47 PM
Not sure. Guess it should be at least above 160...
Do you know (or does anyone know) how much the GRE counts for Tilburg?
Would be one of my top choices as well, but I just got a 162 in quant...

Ondrej
01-28-2012, 08:00 PM
Got full score on GRE quant, but did not include a thesis, SOP not great, ... so I don't know. Applied to the terminal master in Tilburg (Econometrics) as well.

pavlemihajlovic
01-28-2012, 08:57 PM
Got full score on GRE quant, but did not include a thesis, SOP not great, ... so I don't know. Applied to the terminal master in Tilburg (Econometrics) as well.

I'm Thinking of applying to Tilburg MSc in Economics as a safety. What do you think the'll ask for there regarding GRE ?

Ondrej
01-28-2012, 09:55 PM
I'm Thinking of applying to Tilburg MSc in Economics as a safety. What do you think the'll ask for there regarding GRE ?

The site says

For the MSc programs in Economics or Econometrics you need to submit a GRE. Our incoming students usually score above the 75% percentile.

So there's probably no clear cut-off like at Tinbergen. (Hope they mean the quant section, not the average or something.)

This is for CentER:

In general, we require a score of 90% or higher on the quantitative section of the GRE or 90% or higher on the total score of the GMAT. It is very rare that an applicant with a score below 85% is accepted, unless there are very strong counter-balancing factors, such as an outstanding undergraduate academic performance, or compelling evidence of extenuating circumstances.

TimoV
01-29-2012, 09:27 AM
What do you think about the MSc at Tilburg?
Do you think there is a chance to get into a decent PhD-program afterwards?

pavlemihajlovic
01-29-2012, 10:55 AM
What do you think about the MSc at Tilburg?
Do you think there is a chance to get into a decent PhD-program afterwards?

Well If your aim is USA no MSc can do any harm.. But for Europe PhD, maybe MPhil or MRes is better. It is also a question were are you aiming. For PhD at Netherlands, MPhil and MRes deffinitely better option