PDA

View Full Version : How to get higher on Structure??

holmes
02-06-2002, 04:06 AM
Hi, everybody.
I need to improve my scores in Structure and Written section. I studied with some books and cds but when I took some tests from ETS ( paper test) , I noticed that grammar questions are harder and more complicated ,especially in Structure . So I missed lots of questions in this section.
I know that for some people, S and W is easiest section. So please tell me the way or books to get higher scores in this section. Iím really worried about it.
Thanks

Erin
02-06-2002, 06:48 PM
Hey, there, holmes!

Actually, the questions on TestMagic.com are specifically designed to as difficult as or more difficult than the hardest questions you'll likely receive on the real CBT TOEFL. So, to be honest, the questions here on my site are the hardest ones I've ever seen.

Hope that helps!

Please post further questions here.

Erin

Please search this newsgroup for FAQs & search TestMagic.com from the bottom of every page.

TestMagic.com
San Francisco, CA USA

holmes
02-07-2002, 01:14 AM
Hi , Erin.
Actually, I did some tests on your pages. I think theyíre really useful . But my trouble is that I seem to lack grammar basis, especially in Structure such as reduced adverb clauses, adverb phrases ÖÖ I often miss from 4 to 6 questions out of 15.Itís so terrible
I donít know how to improve my scores fast in this section now so I need your help. Please tell me what book is best for me now. Longman book is best for grammar. I have not tried it yet.
Thanks.

Erin
02-07-2002, 04:35 AM
Yeah, the Longman book is great. Another good book for grammar is the Barron's book. You should check it out.

In the mean time, I'll see if I can post my own TestMagic exercises.

Hope that helps!

Please post further questions here.

Erin

Please search this newsgroup for FAQs & search TestMagic.com from the bottom of every page.

TestMagic.com
San Francisco, CA USA