PDA

View Full Version : Is there anyone who has received offer from the Econ Master in BGSE?

qianshidechen
01-24-2014, 02:21 PM
Someone has received offer of MSc in Macro Policy from BGSE. Does BGSE release any offer of Econ master?

pch
01-24-2014, 02:26 PM
Not yet, I think. I am waiting too.

qianshidechen
01-28-2014, 12:46 PM
I have received admission from BGSE. What about you?

pch
01-28-2014, 12:53 PM
Congrats! Mine still says "Application with Department for Revision".

Did you receive the offer via e-mail? Was it today? What about financial aid?

qianshidechen
01-28-2014, 12:59 PM

Yes, just a few minutes ago and admission with tuition waiver.

pch
01-28-2014, 01:21 PM
Cool, I still haven't heard anything but I guess I should hear later today if admitted or not.
Is BGSE your top choice or more of a back-up?

goreds
01-28-2014, 03:10 PM
I also received admission from BGSE today!

pch
01-28-2014, 09:54 PM
I haven't heard anything :/ it makes me a little worried...

sunyata
01-29-2014, 01:52 AM

It's better than mine. Mine says "Application submitted successfully" :(

goreds
01-29-2014, 03:36 AM
I haven't heard anything :/ it makes me a little worried...

I guess you don't need to worry, they said we should have not waited an answer before february, and I don't think they mailed all applicants simultaneously.

pch
01-29-2014, 11:24 AM
I got admission just now, with a partial tuition fee waiver. Did not get a TA though :(

sunyata
01-29-2014, 03:31 PM
Congratulation! :)
I hope you will gain much more success in other applications, pch!

Patho
01-29-2014, 04:12 PM
Just got mine as well this morning! I am very excited to know that I have at least one option for this next year!

pch
01-29-2014, 06:17 PM
Congratulation! :)
I hope you will gain much more success in other applications, pch!
Many thanks, and good luck to you too!!

slDrVs
01-29-2014, 06:51 PM
I was admitted as well, with a tuition waiver.

Does everyone else have a deadline of Feb 28th by which to respond with deposit? What's the best approach to asking for an extension? I'm quite happy with the offer but of course would ideally like to see the results of my other applications before making any final decisions...

goreds
01-29-2014, 07:49 PM
I have the deadline for 27th.. And I didn't get founded :( . Do they normally accept extensions? I think Canadian schools will give an answer after that date.

pch
01-29-2014, 08:06 PM
For me it is 28th as well. I hope they accept extensions..

flopson
02-06-2014, 08:49 PM
Same here, accepted with no funding and waiting on Canadian schools to reply. Would it be foolish to go without any funding? Adds up to ~20K tuition, not counting living expenses...

pch
02-27-2014, 09:07 AM
What did you guys do in the end? Are you going, or rejected the offer? Or perhaps you got an extension and are still waiting?

Patho
02-27-2014, 01:13 PM
I requested an extension to keep the option just a little bit longer, but I think that CEMFI strictly dominates BSGE for me now. It will cost less and I have a high preference for smaller class sizes. The only thing that is causing me to hesitate is that Jordi Gali is at BSGE...

pch
02-27-2014, 01:38 PM
I've also requested an extension and was granted only 2 more weeks. I think I would also prefer smaller classes, but there are a few profs at BGSE with a very good research interest fit for me and that's just more important at the moment. I am just worried about how short and condensed this program seems to be. I feel like I won't be able to do everything I'd like to do in 9 months. Re: money, how much cheaper is CEMFI?

Patho
02-27-2014, 02:11 PM
I've also requested an extension and was granted only 2 more weeks. I think I would also prefer smaller classes, but there are a few profs at BGSE with a very good research interest fit for me and that's just more important at the moment. I am just worried about how short and condensed this program seems to be. I feel like I won't be able to do everything I'd like to do in 9 months. Re: money, how much cheaper is CEMFI?

For me it would be just the cost of living over the two years. Luckily, it looks like they also more or less set you up with a research job between the school years at a university, central bank, or private company and so that should help with the financials as well.

jrdonsimoni
02-27-2014, 02:16 PM
For me it would be just the cost of living over the two years. Luckily, it looks like they also more or less set you up with a research job between the school years at a university, central bank, or private company and so that should help with the financials as well.

which are you talking about that does that? BGSE?

Patho
02-27-2014, 03:04 PM
which are you talking about that does that? BGSE?

This would be CEMFI. BGSE is only a one year program.

jrdonsimoni
02-27-2014, 03:07 PM
This would be CEMFI. BGSE is only a one year program.

oki doki :) thanks